SWNR - H2Trek coming together?

The HW:Trek guys take on HW:2!

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Dasher42

Post by TheStressPuppy » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:43 am

I said nothing of the cost between reenforcement and manufactured. i was talking about build times

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:29 pm

Whatever. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'm still right, so just accept that. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Post by Phantom16 » Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:34 pm

Well, I know I've always been the one with exteme ideas, but would it be possible to make an entire universe? I mean, have a sector chart, and ships located in random systems. When you went to battle in a system, you start with the ships located there. Then when battles took place, ships from other systems could be diverted to help you in combat. Of course, this would weaken the other systems in terms of defense. We could even create boundaries for different species trying to conquer the sector. As they defeat an enemy, they gain control of that system, and thus their boundaries change.

Of course, each system would slowly regenerate ships as more are built and commissioned [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ok, now that I read this, it's probably a bunch of BS. It would still be cool though :D

[size="1"][ 02. January 2004, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Phantom16 ][/size]

Post by TheStressPuppy » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:58 pm

Ideas are always good. I doubt we can do a "universe" or galaxy type thing, but u never know.

Post by DW » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:45 pm

Maybe what should be done is to make our own game either based off the Hw1 source code and if it ever comes out in 5 or so years the HW2 code and make it better than HW2 and do what ever we want and force Relic to make better games and better/easier/workable for all tools to keep us from doing it.

Sorry flight of fancy, though I do hope they make some more tools that are usable, and or the tool god finish their tools soon.

All in all I can't wait for something so the mods can be made, hell if I could do anything other than test I would offer but I know only so much about modeling and while I've made some thing my ST attempts have been lacking, plus I know only the build time/health/and build cost for the new .shp files.

Post by Evillejedi » Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:25 am

Just to let you guys know, I will contribute any of the HW2 SW ships I personally made, to this mod. I can also talk to Slamoid about some of the trek ships.

I really like the capturable command station idea (slamoid and I have discussed maps that have neutral creeps that allow you to get extra prduction, resources ecetra, by capturing them)

Return to “Homeworld 2 Trek”