ST: Romulus Mod disscussion

The HW:Trek guys take on HW:2!

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Dasher42

Talonpest

Post by Talonpest » Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:31 am

No Senator class? Not that I particularly like the SFC Romulan ships, but there are several there you could always appropriate. I don't think you should use B'Rel BoP's for the Romulans... we've never seen the Romulans use them at all, and having both the Klingons and the Romulans use D7's is confusing and repetitive enough. Come up with some new stuff!

Bravo on ignoring Enterprise though!

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:00 pm

Non-canon rommie ships may include the senator. I like that design too [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Romulans used the Klingon D-7 class in "The Enterprise Incident". So cross race ship design, and usage between the 2 "former allies" is a Canon Fact. The b'rel BoP was supposed to be a stolen Romulan ship in ST:III, but they wrote it out of the script. Why? I have no smegging clue. It would have been interesting to see klinks stealing rommie ships. I dont care what anyone says the B'rel/K'vort ARE Romulan designs :D

We are going to use some FASA designs. The V-7 Whitewind, V-4 Wing of Vengence, and V-30 Winged Defender, may all find a place here. Also the Romulan Me'lek class from Star Trek: New Worlds is an awsome precurser to the TNG d'deridex warbird. We will most definetly see that ship in action :D

Same goes for the Feds, and Klinks. FASA, and other non-canon Star Trek Fan Art will be used.

As far as the ship slots themselves go, While we can chose how many slots each race has. I personally would like to see a large lineup of usefull ships for all 3 races.

Multiplayer will basicly be an F.R.K. deathmatch hehehe

Single Player can be totally redone.. We dont have to copy the HW2 storyline :D

There will be NO Motherships.

We ARE doing something different. We are focusing on the Romulans.

[ 14. December 2003, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ]

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:53 pm

The thing is, when you get right down to it, the Federation seems to have about all the ships it really needs. As for the Roms and the Klingons, neither race really needs as extensive a shiplist as the Feds--the Feds are building ships for all sorts of purposes (exploration, defense, etc) while the Roms and Klingons really mostly care about warships.

Also, I personally don't want to go too crazy with FASA stuff for any of the three, because then we get into HAG territory. The three FASA Roms that Stress mentioned are ones that make sense to include here, though, as they develop on the "bird" motif of the BoP.

(As always, for people wondering what any of these FASA ships are, your best bet is http://www.sub-odeon.com/stsstcsmua/index.html. [img]smile.gif[/img] )

deathblane

Post by deathblane » Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:40 pm

one other advantage to a smaller lineup is release time, I mean if you've only got to build 15-20 ships as opposed to 50 then the mod'll obviously get out sooner.

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:45 pm

While I agree that the Melak is a pretty decent precursor to the D'Deridex, I've always thought that it needs to be a little closer to the TNG era than the TMP... Makes a better counterpart to the Ambassador than the Excelsior--since seeing the Melak, I've always felt that it was a good candidate for the Warbirds at Narendra III. Image

Here's a couple of quick pics for the uninformed:

There is, incidentally, one thing that has recently brought some credence back to the concept of the BoP design being a joint Klingon/Romulan project, and that's the Valdore. It's pretty easy to imagine that that the Valdore is the result of the Romulans continuing to refine the BoP design style for a century or so.

What we really need is a cool Romulan color scheme for the BoP and its variants, to easily distinguish them from the red/green Klingon ones... :D

[ 14. December 2003, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: Captain Pierce ]

Manticore

Post by Manticore » Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:47 pm

cough

Those pics didn't work...

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:01 pm

Yes, they did. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Move along, nothing to see here. Pay no attention to the post being edited... [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Fox McCloud

Post by Fox McCloud » Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:06 pm

The game Klingon Academy is set just before ST VI. It featurs alot of Romulan and Klingon and Federation ships which wernt seen in the films. Perhaps you could use some of those ships. Theyre very nice, and look romulan.

If you want, i can get some screenshots.

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:25 pm

The Klingon Academy ships and the Starfleet Command ships are, by and large, pretty much exactly the same. Or so I'm given to understand, at least. In fact, I believe that they are literally the same--Interplay just gave the KA models to the SFC team and said, "Use these, it'll be cheaper."

IMO, most of them are badly designed from a point-of-view that includes TNG and beyond... In particular, the nacelle placement (and numbers, on some of the bigger ships) is just insane... ;) There are some decent ones in there, though, that could probably be used with a little tweaking.

Fox McCloud

Post by Fox McCloud » Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:08 pm

The modders for KA have made some of hte FASA designs too. Including hte Z1 and the V30 and more.

www.klingonacademy.com ;)

Return to “Homeworld 2 Trek”