[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - ST: Romulus Mod disscussion

ST: Romulus Mod disscussion

The HW:Trek guys take on HW:2!

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Dasher42

Postby Captain Pierce » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:19 pm

Captain Pierce

Postby TheStressPuppy » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:49 pm

TheStressPuppy

Postby Captain Pierce » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:23 am

I'm always right, you of all people should know that by now, Stress... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Captain Pierce

Postby Zeelich » Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:21 am

LOL! :D

Don't be so modest. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"You WILL respect my authority!" - Eric Cartman
Zeelich

Postby TheStressPuppy » Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:49 pm

TheStressPuppy

Postby Captain Pierce » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:28 am

Because it's not the "RIGHT" time yet. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Oh, and calling it 0.3 isn't right, either. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] It's going to be 0.21.
Captain Pierce

Postby TheStressPuppy » Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:05 pm

I dont see a point in making "Squadrons" of capitol ships. Especially with the docking bug of a squadron. squadron has 5, loses 3 in battle, docks, and its restored to 5 again ( gains 3 free fighters on docking ). We already have the strike group function.

Ok, im at the point to where i want to start building this puppy. Those who are on board post what they can contribute in the Romulus thread in the dev boards.

Im gonna need scripters BADLY for this one since HW2 is ALL about scripting. Cap' im really gonna need ya for this, and anyone else who can script.

Model department is taken care of. (Still have to tool up, and build/rebuild some models)

HW2 FX artist line up at the door. Prefer to use SoA style weapon FX upgraded to hw2 standards

Sounds will be needed this time, no more lets "pretend" to hear the phaser to the HW ion cannon sound.

Would like to have a Mapper on board too. Anyone who can make a map say so.

[size="1"][ 08. January 2004, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ][/size]
TheStressPuppy

Postby TheStressPuppy » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:24 am

This is gonna come as a dissapointment to you all as it is to me. Im putting this mod on the shelf for now. Reason is simple. We have nothing to work with as far as modding tools for hw2 go, and frankly im tired of waiting. What little tools we do have wont work for the kind of ST:HW quality mod we have in mind. I dont have maya, and i feel i shouldnt have to spend 5000 bucks, and spend 4 years learning maya when i already have, and know 3dsmax, and milkshape.

So untill HWSE2 or a fully FUNCTIONAL importer arrives there isnt much more we can do. Sorry folks
TheStressPuppy

Previous

Return to Homeworld 2 Trek