[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - ST: Romulus Mod disscussion

ST: Romulus Mod disscussion

The HW:Trek guys take on HW:2!

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Dasher42

Postby korunks » Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:48 pm

*bump* wow sounds pretty cool. Now wil there be any combat shuttle craft (ala peregrine) in this particular mod or we just gonna go with the big guys, (ala Constitution refit, w00t)?? :D
korunks

Postby Captain Pierce » Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:46 pm

No combat shuttles, but there will be recon ones...
Captain Pierce

Postby korunks » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:56 pm

does that mean we'll see squadrens of federation ships????? like a 5 relients in a squadren [img]graemlins/eviltail.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/eviltail.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/eviltail.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/eviltail.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/eviltail.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/eviltail.gif[/img] *thinking of the abuse potential of self replenshing relients*
korunks

Postby Captain Pierce » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:11 am

A squadron of 5 Reliants would be 3 more than the TOTAL number of Miranda-class ships we saw in the 6 original-cast movies. ;)

Personally, I'm not a big fan of squadrons, so I would advise against using them in this mod. Then again, Stress never listens to me... :D

Even in the case of shuttlecraft, I don't really see how using squadrons would help. Canon Federation ships (with the exception of the Curry [img]smile.gif[/img] ) typically don't have a lot of hangar space--the admittedly non-canon "Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise" postulated a total shuttle count of 4 for the Enterprise-A; a number that's sort of confirmed by the fact that the Constellation (designed in many ways to be a replacement for the Constitution) has the same count. The Constellation docks them in single-space hangar bays (the two insets you see on each side of the primary hull), so a multi-ship squadron wouldn't work there, at the very least...
Captain Pierce

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:49 am

I'd like to see ships come with a pre-built shuttle complement, so you'd be able to deploy them (just flying around ai controlled relatively close to its "mothership") for added sensor range or, in case the ship in question has a complement of Runabouts or equivalent, deploy them in a CAP role. (sort of like the Hive frigate of HW:Cat) I've always liked that concept. Also, if the shuttles got shot down, and the ship had used its full complement, it'd have to dock at a base or shipyard to be assigned new shuttles. Alternatively, at least for the newer ships in Trek history with onboard industrial strength replicators, they might be able to rebuild their shuttles themselves over a period of a few minutes.

Anyway, that's just my 0.02$ on the subject of shuttles in HW2. ;)

Opinions?

[size="1"][ 05. January 2004, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: TheOneNamedViper ][/size]
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Captain Pierce » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:10 am

Pre-built shuttles would be great. :D I don't see shuttles (or even runabouts) ever being an effective CAP, though, even in the TNG era. Unless they're going to kamikaze into incoming photon torpedoes... ;) I would prefer to have the shuttles sit in the hangar bays until you specifically launch them, but considering that most starships have at least a small shuttlebay, that's going to be one complicated Launch Manager. :(
Captain Pierce

Postby korunks » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:27 am

yet another dumb question what is a CAP?
korunks

Postby Captain Pierce » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:36 am

Combat Air Patrol.

A US aircraft carrier (and presumably those of other navies, but the US is really all I know) ALWAYS has a Combat Air Patrol of interceptors (typically F-14's) in the air above and around it for defensive purposes.
Captain Pierce

Postby korunks » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:29 am

korunks

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:57 pm

TheOneNamedViper

PreviousNext

Return to Homeworld 2 Trek