[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - ST: Romulus Mod disscussion

ST: Romulus Mod disscussion

The HW:Trek guys take on HW:2!

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Dasher42

Postby deathblane » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:10 pm

All ships? like the B'Rel ;) ?
How sketchy is sensor information going to be. I mean if it's really godd then why have shuttles, while if it's quite bad then things might become a bit more 'interesting'.

[size="1"][ 15. December 2003, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: deathblane ][/size]
deathblane

Postby Sjet vs. Kerrigan » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:59 pm

Where did you get those Melak pictures?

I like the idea of hero ships, and all ships having shuttlebays.
Sjet vs. Kerrigan

Postby TheStressPuppy » Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:02 am

oops. Ok i ment all ships known to have shuttle bays will have functional shuttle bays [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The screen caps are the opening cutscene in ST: New Worlds

[size="1"][ 15. December 2003, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ][/size]
TheStressPuppy

Postby Captain Pierce » Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:07 pm

Yeah, the "New Worlds" screencaps came with a moderately bad SFC model of the Melak I downloaded. ;) God knows I certainly didn't buy that stinkburger of a game... :D The demo was enough to cure me of that...

As for sensor ranges, I would vote for keeping them fairly similar to HW2 sensor ranges. This would give the shuttles an actual role, similar to HW2 scouts.
Captain Pierce

Postby TheStressPuppy » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:27 am

sensors are not a problem. getting the models in game will be a problem ;)
TheStressPuppy

Postby Pos_21 » Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:51 am

I think it's great that you guys are doing a mod on this era.

Keep up the good work! :D

P.S.: What are you all's thoughts on the Akyazi?

Raw scan pics from this book I have [img]tongue.gif[/img] :

Please noat that I havn't cleaned these up at all and they're just what my crappy scanner gave out. Also, they're about 275k each and really really fat ;)

[img]graemlins/eviltail.gif[/img]
Pos_21

Postby Captain Pierce » Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:55 am

I've always hated the Akyazi... :D
Captain Pierce

Postby TheStressPuppy » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:24 am

We are going to try sticking with canon only fed ships untill we run outta canon ships to fill the slots for the fed lineup. we may do canon only for the feds who knows we shall see when we can get ships in. The Klinks will be another story since they have far fewer canon ships than the feds do. The Romulans do not have ANY canon TMP ships at all. they will be the ones we have the most room to play with [img]smile.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ 18. December 2003, 04:25 AM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ][/size]
TheStressPuppy

Postby Pos_21 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:20 pm

Assuming you don't count the light grey ones from SFC/KA...

Maybe i'll sketch some stuff over our 2 1/2 week break off school... :D

Lord knows I can't model for my life ;)
Pos_21

Postby TheStressPuppy » Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:45 pm

I DO want to use the Senetor (SFC Sparrowhawk) from KA as one of the major TMP era cap ships, with the model reworked because the KA model is too low poly for this effort. Along with the Melek as the major bad ass (possibly hero ship). its the non-canon smaller ships we need ideas for. We are gonna use the TOS warbird. nobody said we cant blend eras in this mod, but we are NOT going to introduce TNG material since the mods timeline is between 2291-2311.
TheStressPuppy

PreviousNext

Return to Homeworld 2 Trek