Galaxy Class ingame

The HW:Trek guys take on HW:2!

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Dasher42

Lord Vorkosigan

Post by Lord Vorkosigan » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:52 am

I've actually got a real suggestion here. One thing that may be cool to do with the Galaxy would to be have a reasearch option to upgrade it to the Galaxy II (aka Venture version). The base Galaxy would be the standard TNG version. After reasearch, you'd get the DS9 version with the two nacelle phaser arrays plus upgraded shields and armor (which I believe can be seperate, i know I saw some stuff about sheilds in the Relic spreadsheet-o-doom. And not just the DFF and EMP shields.).

Howedar

Post by Howedar » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:23 am

Originally posted by DW:
Pardon me, but SHUT UP!!!!!
God is their any point any more.
Yes a sep mod would be nice but can we talk about it AFTER a mostly finished with the mod, They can make a new and better Galaxy mesh with the sep option but not set it up, if at all possible out side of building a sperate stardrive, and then argue about it after we have a reason. As far as I know their is on HW, Cat, or HW2 Galaxy mesh out yet that will make it possible as of yet anyway.

God, and I thought I could be annoying.
Oh, believe me you are. Don't like the current thread? You don't have to participate in it.

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:00 pm

Originally posted by Lord Vorkosigan:
I've actually got a real suggestion here. One thing that may be cool to do with the Galaxy would to be have a reasearch option to upgrade it to the Galaxy II (aka Venture version). The base Galaxy would be the standard TNG version. After reasearch, you'd get the DS9 version with the two nacelle phaser arrays plus upgraded shields and armor (which I believe can be seperate, i know I saw some stuff about sheilds in the Relic spreadsheet-o-doom. And not just the DFF and EMP shields.).
That idea isn't all bad. The way I'd do it is to make a research option unlock the upgrade, and then you'd build it on to each ship like you would a subsystem. The extra bits on the model that get grafted on when it's upgraded would then be the subsystem model. You'd just have to make the subsystem undamagable.
Also, it is possible for a subsystem to override lines in the .ship file for the ship its built on (better shields, hull, speed, whatever).

In any case, this is a way to do it with the possibilities we already have in HW2.

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:14 pm

Actually, I'm with DW on this one. This thread has long since gotten completely out of control... :D

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:23 am

I would like to know how Skeeter got the Galaxy class ship into HW2 since I would like to try my Krenim Temporal Weapon ship in HW2.

maxdamage.

[ 28. January 2004, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: maxdamage ]

Phantom16

Post by Phantom16 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:20 am

..........I thought this post was finally dead.
Since it isn't, why is it that when the Enterprise meets up with another ship, they are always relative to each other? I think thats how the dominion war really started.....some newbee captain saw a cardassian ship upside down, and, thru all of the confusion, threatened the cardassian to turn right side up or die.

Phantom16

Post by Phantom16 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:25 am

nebula

Post by nebula » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:34 am

lol

Return to “Homeworld 2 Trek”