Subsystems in SOA

The HW:Trek guys take on HW:2!

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Dasher42

Postby Gol_Stoan » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:44 pm

The only two problems I can think of with the warp nacelles as replacements for the hyperspace module would be that you would have to build the warp nacelles onto the ship after it is built :rolleyes: . Then if one is destroyed both nacelles would blow up because they are part of the same subsystem. :rolleyes:
Gol_Stoan

Postby Manticore » Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:45 pm

Or you could set them up as an inherent system--it should be fairly easy to mod that...
Manticore

Postby bones_of_the_many » Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:16 pm

why even blow up, why doesent the blue color inside the nacelle just go out like they do in all the series'. lights on lights off light on lights off....okay thats enough.
bones_of_the_many

Postby FlashFire » Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:08 pm

Ideally it'll be possible to have that as the 50% damage effect.. and when health hits 0% something resembling THIS happens :

FlashFire

Postby bones_of_the_many » Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:19 am

ooh, visuals....sweet.
bones_of_the_many

Postby TheStressPuppy » Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:53 am

or we can do like we do with the Cat motherships moduales if all else fails, green box's inside the mesh so they arent seen but make thier bounding box big enough to where it can be hit by weapon fire
TheStressPuppy

Postby deathblane » Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:52 pm

I don't know how popular this would be but it looks like you could have any and all weapons disableable.
deathblane

Postby Talonpest » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:00 pm

I'm not so sure you could have any weapon disableable... I think the only weapons you can disable in the game are the ion turrets and missile launchers on the battlecruisers. I think they take up a "slot" on the ship, so you probably would not be able to make each and every weapon individually disableable.
Talonpest

Postby Supernova » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:29 pm

Why not?

Each weapon (that can be destroyed) is a sub-system, you create the sub-sys on the ship, er ie the akira torpedo launcher "pod", then you go make the actual sub-sys files, you make the pod have several torp tubes, and you give it health etc, then ingame that would be a targetable sub system that could be destroyed or atleast disabled till repairs are made.

Note: Subsystems are like little ships without engines, the whole ship is their propulsion, each sub system can have weapons, health, repair rates, special features etc

Remeber the game is all scripting, almost anything that the game engine can support can be done, obviously this is supported because we know 2 ships can have some of their weapons disabled.

Sorry for poor grammer don't feel like proof reading :D

[size="1"][ 22. September 2003, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: Supernova ][/size]
Supernova

Postby Talonpest » Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:44 am

I'm assuming there are limits to how many subsystems you can have per ship, since only two ships have weapons that can be disabled. Knowing nothing about what the engine can support, I like to keep my suggestions within the limits of what I think can reasonably be done. Of course, I could be wrong... in fact I usually am.
Talonpest

PreviousNext

Return to Homeworld 2 Trek