[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - HW2 Texture/Team colors

HW2 Texture/Team colors

The HW:Trek guys take on HW:2!

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Dasher42

Postby DW » Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:38 pm

DW

Postby TheStressPuppy » Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:52 pm

Feel free to post it [img]smile.gif[/img]
TheStressPuppy

Postby Darth1o9 » Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:54 pm

dont, its a trick, dont fall for it

Visit the Galactic Conquest online Website <a href="http://www.curseuppl.com/" target="_blank">here</a>
Darth1o9

Postby DW » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:43 pm

UM.....Ok Darth,
Who's playing the trick, Stress or me? If me, I do know what I'm talking about for once.
DW

Postby DW » Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:46 pm

Sence no one is saying any thing, God I to gulabule, I start posting this weak while I'm off from school.
DW

Postby TheStressPuppy » Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:36 pm

i wasnt trying to trick no one :D i was saying if u knew it then post it. I belive they do team colors in HW2 using alphas insted of a color layer like in the hw1 lifs, feel free to correct me if im wrong.
TheStressPuppy

Postby DW » Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:04 am

Bingo. You got it, but sorry no prize.

Each ship has it's set of textures which are divied in to parts. Lets take the Hegurain Ioncannon Friget. it has 13 sepreat textures devieg in to groups, including the main textures badge placement and also 2 engin textures.

each main texture also has a duble that is a different color. Example, when excrated the Ioncannon main boody texture is FrontUV_EXPORT[1].DDS, wich has the main visible texture and the team base color as it's alpha channel.
[img]http://www.thegamingunion.co.uk/users/forumusers/frontuv_export[1].jpg[/img] [img]http://www.thegamingunion.co.uk/users/forumusers/frontuv_export[1]alpha.jpg[/img]
Alpha/base color in dark green

The stripe color and what I think is the lighting effect for the main texture is FrontUV_EXPORT[2].DDS,
Again the team layer is the alpha, and the green on the first pic, I belive is the light effect, black is nothing and blue may be reflect or some thing else, we need those tools from relic.
[img]http://www.thegamingunion.co.uk/users/forumusers/frontuv_export[2].jpg[/img] [img]http://www.thegamingunion.co.uk/users/forumusers/frontuv_export[2]alpha.jpg[/img]

The engins have 4 sets per ship usaly. One which is the main for when the engins are working/on and the other is for when the ship has stoped, and while thay falow the same rules as above but don't always have some thing in there second texture other than all green/light and black.
[img]http://www.thegamingunion.co.uk/users/forumusers/hgn_assaultfrigate_engine_export[3].jpg[/img]
ON

[img]http://www.thegamingunion.co.uk/users/forumusers/hgn_assaultfrigate_engine_export[5].jpg[/img]
OFF

the badge is the trickest because it has 3 texture
it falows the same rulls as far as I can tell but the first 2 are the main/base and maby detaile? and the third is the lighting and stripe.

I will ad any thing later that I can think of. If anny one has any questions please ask and I will try to explain.
DW

Postby DW » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:42 pm

Some new things.

The Badge textures I think the second of the 3 textures is not used for the primary lod or some thing like that, it seams to be a more "Dirty" version with the same Alpha.

I also nead to mention that the main ship textures can have multpule textures like in HW, one is for most of the ship but some thing sepreat fore sensor towers.

Finaly you have all tthe textures in one floder so while most of the textures are for lod0 and maby lod1 you also have the texture for lod2 wich may be the higest lod.

I'm working on coonverting the textures and making the Ioncanon usible for movies so I can start trying to learn how to make movies in Maya at school.
DW

Return to Homeworld 2 Trek