[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - Intrepid glance

Intrepid glance

The HW:Trek guys take on HW:2!

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Dasher42

Postby Dolphoenix » Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:49 am

OK, I'm posting a couple of shots of the intrepid as she is now in game -
As of right now, she has 4 lod meshes in, and is *properly* illuminated and specular mapped. I've also made her so team colors won't affect her.
I still have to add weapons, and I may try to increase the level of the glow effects.. ALSO I can now say that the scripts in HW2 allow us to change ship building slots..

Anyway - this first shot I have her in a dive to cause shadows so you can better see the illuminations

Beauty shot in game!

[size="1"][ 19. February 2004, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: Dolphoenix ][/size]
''Sympathy is irrelivant. Begging is futile. It will be my way or not at all.
Dolphoenix

Postby Phantom16 » Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:15 am

Weapons?? We don't need no stinkin weapons! Just give here a ramming bumber in the front.

Anyways, she's lookin mighty fine tonight!
Phantom16

Postby nebula » Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:52 am

very nice
nebula

Postby ThomastheCat » Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:59 am

Wow. She's looking great! I think it's safe to say that everyone involved with her is a proud parent. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ 20. February 2004, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: ThomastheCat ][/size]
ThomastheCat

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:27 am

Impressive...

HW2 really does that model justice. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I do think the illumination levels could use a "nudge" upwards though. ;)

Btw, it's a fact that ship hangars and stuff like that on the original HW2 ships light up nearby vessels, which brings up the question:

Does the same apply to the Trek warp glows (yet)?
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Sjet vs. Kerrigan » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:49 am

Rawr! Make Ten-Forward bigger@
Sjet vs. Kerrigan

Postby Talonpest » Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:41 am

It's always exciting to see you guys making progress. Keep it up!
Talonpest

Postby Manticore » Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:08 am

Manticore

Postby Kurimuzon » Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:00 am

Kurimuzon

Postby TheStressPuppy » Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:46 am

I read in the tanis shipyards that there is a way to bump up the brightness (i think its more for weapons than textures) but its in this thread if u wanna check it out

theres alot of stuff to sift thru but its there.

Nice friggen model too :D
TheStressPuppy

Next

Return to Homeworld 2 Trek