Centauri texture corruption of my fast machine!

The dark nightmare in the making

Moderators: Meurig, Steelviper

refa

Post by refa » Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:44 am

Whenever I play Centauri (not when I play shadows) i get weird,blocky explosions,thruster effects,and weapons fire. It seems to happen on and off in-game,and sometime gets better when restart homeworld. Btw my video card is a Raedon 9000 Pro and has proven itself more than adequate when I play shadows. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Its ruining a real cool-looking game.

Steelviper

Post by Steelviper » Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:39 am

Texture corruption occurs on some of the maps, have you tried playing the Centauri on other maps as well? [img]smile.gif[/img]
[URL=http://ghillielair.atspace.com/]
<b>Click to visit the Ghillie Lair
</b>

refa

Post by refa » Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:41 am

Yes, it seems to not occur on some maps,however after just recently downloading the newest drivers for my video card,I have run into similar problems:selecting D3D as my display mode will make the ships in the game look as if they have shardows moving across them when i am zoomed out (also detailed textures are hidden in the process),and when I switch to OpenGL the game crashes at random intervals,however i experience no video issues at all.Do you have any idea about what's going on?

Steelviper

Post by Steelviper » Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:23 pm

Sorry, no. Try switching back to your old drivers. I had a simelar prob with my drivers, the new drivers only boosted some games while some others applications and games refused to work at all with them. Thus I still have the oldest drivers installed.
[URL=http://ghillielair.atspace.com/]
<b>Click to visit the Ghillie Lair
</b>

Return to “Dark Age Homeworld Mod”