[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - Rimworld hauler part 3

Rimworld hauler part 3

The dark nightmare in the making

Moderators: Meurig, Steelviper

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:34 pm

Indeed it does. :D
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Meurig » Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:21 pm

Eeeee! Update.

The side bit's detailed now, and I've taken the pipes from the bottom, they looked quite stupid and didnt seem to serve a purpose, so I'm putting a big conduit on the bottom now.

Where the side pipes are at the head's widest point, im going to put some conduits beneath those too.

If I can get some reference for it, I'm going to make a Vogon Constructor ship and give this project a little rest, if i can't find reference I will move on to the new spine.

Meurig

Postby Elite » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:27 pm

Damn that's detailed.. only thing that bothers me is the amount of handrails on it, yeah those pipe things that look like handrails. Also when you compare the size of the hanger bays and the antenna mass ontop those windows look to be to big.. looks like you could fly a fighter in one of them with ease. Besides that it's rocking.
Elite

Postby Meurig » Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:18 am

The windows are staying their current size. I have a reason for them.
Meurig

Postby Elite » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:15 am

Ahh, they are probably going to be some big ass beings manning those vessels.
Elite

Postby Meurig » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:37 am

Nope, the inside of those windows work out at about 2m high, and all the way around the outside, in all those windows bits its access corridors with big floor-cieling windows. (these are already measured)
I'm having the corridors on the outside and actual rooms in the core of the ship for a reason, theyre safer there! Never understood the whole trek thing of putting your most vulernable area right at the top of the ship where its clearly visible and a piss-easy target, the bridge of the Hephaistos is deep within the head, it'd take quite a bit of time to get into it from teh outside.

I am going to model and texture the corridors into the actual mesh, plain white windows just look flat and boring to me, thisll give them some actual depth [img]smile.gif[/img]
Meurig

Postby reapernoire » Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:47 pm

I'm liking your line of thinking lad, i've often thought the same about rooms on the inside of ships rather than trek style ready for a well placed shot.

those windows are 2 metres...still a pretty big ship innint, though not as big as i thought it was(I was thinking battle fleet gothic sizes, but nm)
reapernoire

Postby SyntaxVorlon » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:51 am

Little question: What is this from?
Very nice, what's the poly count up to?
SyntaxVorlon

Postby Steelviper » Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:31 pm

[URL=http://ghillielair.atspace.com/]
<b>Click to visit the Ghillie Lair
</b>
Steelviper

Previous

Return to Dark Age Homeworld Mod