Hello There

Who are you? What do you want? Come introduce yourself!

Moderators: theblessedsheridan, Evening

Post by O.L. » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:42 am

hello there

I've come to your site through the absolutely great "SW-NR-Mod" and was glad tofind out that the great wars too,have their fans on this site
Allthough I know many mods and extract files from the .big(or the R1,R2 etc.) for makin'papermodels out of them ,I'am still unexperienced in modding the game..(especially How to make The 3dmodelsand get them into .peo)
So Is there a Tutorial?&what Programms will I need? :eek: :confused:
Thanks HLVS! OL
"Engage the Star Destroyers as close as you can,at point-blank Range"Gen. Lando Calrissian Battle of Endor

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:06 pm

All you need to get a pre-existing model properly ingame is 3d Exploration, HWSE, LifList and notepad.

Of course as for the actual description of how to do it, it's been a bit too long since I tried it last to remember it fully.

Short version: 3dex converts the model and textures into a pseudo format which can be read by HWSE. You use HWSE to finish the work on the model, add any animations to it and make a hardpoint file (.mex).
Liflist is used to produce the proper textures and add them to the game's texture database, and finally you give the ship a .shp file by editing a pre-existing .shp text file to fit the ship you want ingame with notepad.

Return to “New Members”