Hi I am... and i want to talk too Zelich

Who are you? What do you want? Come introduce yourself!

Moderators: theblessedsheridan, Evening

Postby Phildevil » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:37 pm

Hi, I am Phildevil. I have learn the existence of this site by a friend, on another forum. The guys on this forum have the idea to modifi the ship, on the game called «Rebellion». The update will be REALLY long, and i think SW: NR is most advanced. Of course, i do not particip to the project they have, and i do not want to pick up your thing, on SW:NR. I just want to play a version amiliorate! I have download the SW:NR version. After, I see a patch. Of course, I download-it too. But it appear i cannot play without uninstall the game. So i erase the game. After, I see in a Block note that we need a programm called «Homeworld». I return on the site to download-it. But there is just a patch on your site. After, i go to google to search-it. NO!!! There is just a game called Homeworld that i can download. Does i need to have the game or what? If i just need a program(not the game) where can i find-it?

Thanks in advanced!
Phildevil

Postby deathblane » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:58 am

First off welcome to the tgu (beware of the beans...)

Now Homeworld itself is a game produced by Sierra in 1999. SWNR (and most of the other projects on this site) are mods (modifications) for Homeworld, and as such require the original game to play. Hope this helps [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW which country are you from?
deathblane

Postby Phildevil » Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:50 am

It say that i really need the program! Could you help me more? (And im from canada)
Phildevil

Postby deathblane » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:58 pm

The French speaking part? ;)

Yes, you really do need the program. (probably only available from mail order nowadays). Untill you have the game, there isn't much more to be done.
deathblane

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:54 pm

Also, I'm willing to bet you won't get any help downloading the game from people on this forum, it being illegal and all. Besides, it's an old game so it won't be expensive to get it legally. ;)

Good luck finding a store with a copy of Homeworld.
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Phildevil » Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:36 am

WOAAAAAAAA Sorry, it was my error!!!!! I hve made the error to think that it was a mod of Star-Wars: Rebellion(the lucasarts game) No i am not a pirate! I just think tha it was another game !!! [img]redface.gif[/img]
Phildevil

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:48 pm

No problem there. Seems to have been an honest mistake. [img]smile.gif[/img] I hope you decide to buy Homeworld anyway, since it's a good enough game on its own, and the various mods about make it worth its price all over again. No less so now that HW is to be found in the bargain bin. :D
TheOneNamedViper

Return to New Members