[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - :=(

:=(

Who are you? What do you want? Come introduce yourself!

Moderators: theblessedsheridan, Evening

:=(

Postby Del » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:37 am

:Pistols: :bouncy3:
Del

Postby bzb » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:39 am

bzb

Postby Del » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:45 am

Bzb, you're thicker than a thick, thick, thick skulled idiot, but don't complain that I'm making fun of you as your posting is coming straight from the rear end of a donkey's arse.

I don't hold things against people for long amounts of time, however I found that using the search engine, and had never seen it before.

Back in your bottle. :bzb:
Del

Postby bzb » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:50 am

bzb

Postby Del » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:54 am

Eh, admittedly, I was quite prickish at the time, not that I regret any of it.

I lament the emptiness of this forum, though :( (I know, we all do...)

You know I think that maybe TGU should have taken a turn at the peak of its popularity, the absence of ads on this site is something I respect a lot, but they would have allowed to finance game servers (and pay for this one) when the site was getting a lot of hits, and attract even more people.

If you're bored, and if you're here I suppose you are, go on , go in community and look for something called the "Rum and Jelly pit". You won't be bored anymore, and you'll thank me for the experience ;).

Del

Postby bzb » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:18 am

Games servers can be provided, but they wont help unless our community is prepared to set them up (money is an easy thing compared to willing people). The CS clan was driven by those that chipped in towards the server, we all had a meaningful say and we all made use of the server since we had paid for it. That worked well for a long while but we all grew apart and the game changed.
I can provide game servers, but i can also stand on a street corner handing out fivers to the same value and attrack similar interest to the site.
It is a chicken and egg problem and im really dont know what should come first, however im certain i dont want to lay a egg.

But remember TGU has always been HW and mainly B5 orientated, it is inevitable we suffer for this now, finding a new direction is harder this time as we are unlikely to simply have it all handed to us on a plate as before.

Anyway i think i should be late for work tomorrow, so lets drink more beer.
bzb

Postby Del » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:32 am

Oh I'm not saying opening a server now would generate interest greater in the site, but that two years ago when this place was active 24/7, the it could've helped maintain the flow of newer member. Nor was I telling you to dig in your pocket for it of course, I imagine it's quite expensive.

But I remember at some point talk about an Eve server, it was a while ago and never went past the stage of talk, but it would have opened a completly new community.
I know what you might think, that it's useless to talk about what should've been done; but unfortunately I don't see what could be done today.

Unless you mooned the english royal palace with TGU tatooed on your rear, yeah, that would get the site the attention it deserves :D. Laying an egg, no matter how much you don't want to, would attract a lot of attention as well.
Del

Postby Gust0o » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:55 am

Shit, maybe we really should have had an Eve server...

At least we're not a Planetarion community.
Gust0o

Return to New Members