[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - hmm 'hi' *noob needs basic guidance*

hmm 'hi' *noob needs basic guidance*

Who are you? What do you want? Come introduce yourself!

Moderators: theblessedsheridan, Evening

hmm 'hi' *noob needs basic guidance*

Postby roseenglish » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:49 pm

well....summat in the pit of my gut says ' s**t I'm at the wrong gig here' but here goes anyway...

So i done the playing online games and now im in the 'wanting to make' online games or at least add to the content on a visual basis

I know my way round Photoshop ( just after 6 mths learning)

But ive found all these fab file extractor type programs...that allow you to go into various games and extract textures...convert them to a workable format for your paint program..i mean THATS BIG news to me...

Now before you go rolling your eyes in bordem....cast your technically programed minds back to the days of YOUR noobiness lol...we all start some-where yeah?

ok...I have got simPE and Game extractor and VTFEdit and VTF plug in for photoshop...I got the Half Life and a whole bunch of games via Steams premier package...not that i want toplay these games ( altho HL2 looks great in demo!) I just wanna find the awesome textures and modify them to use in my own online games...

Question...Im kinda assuming this is a basic one so plz....help me :P

How the Hell do I identify the textures from the rest of the files in a game?

I open simPE and get shed loads of files and stuff I just dont want ot need and I cant find the damb textures in Sims 2 that I own,
I open up VTFedit and try find stuff from the steams file but Lord knows if its there I cannot find them

I have just got Game Extractor as I believe this program will cover most games rather than 1 for each game almost that i currently have loaded on my PC

I open it and goto Sims 2 for example...and i'm lost!

Can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial for TEXTURE (only) file extraction for ANY of these types of programs?

I know ppl find & use HLs textures and Unreal Torn and lots of others but so far my heads hurts from looking and I have all the tools but none of the know how...

I doubt ill get any help as most ppl find this level of stupidity annoying LOL

but thought id try anyway...my income depends on it!

Thanks in advance
roseenglish

Postby Gust0o » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:12 pm

I'm not sure if they're likely to stick their heads in here, but... someone like Vorlon, or maybe Crook, would be good to contact. Anything to do with textures is normally Vorlon's domain. Pity he's rarely about.

Browse the userlist to dig out his details and give him an e-mail :)
Gust0o

Postby The_One » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:52 pm

The_One

Postby Gust0o » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:21 pm

He's in Portugal, or was at last check, with his missus. That's the last I saw of him; very different character these days, but aren't we all... ?
Gust0o

Return to New Members