Starwars: New Rebellion Version 8.0 r1.0 is Online!

Moderators: Maverick, DesertFox82, Zeelich, WarAce_505

Del

Post by Del » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:07 am

Several things: firstly, I'd like to congratulate you. Restarted playing and woah not about to stop. Noticed the rotating radar on the carrack too. Such small details make the difference between good and great.

Secondly, I like the idea of the armed DX-9, but I haven't seen it fire once!!! Really, couldn't you fit it into another slot? Especially since I really feel the game needs a repair vessel.

Darth1o9

Post by Darth1o9 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:10 am

zee next time you go online, could yay turn on icq, i wanna talk to yay and i really hate emailing, its takes so much longer

Visit the Galactic Conquest online Website <a href="http://www.curseuppl.com/" target="_blank">here</a>

Zeelich

Post by Zeelich » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:26 am

Havn't got ICQ anymore. Don't remeber my password anyway. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Yeah, the Delat DX-9 is a little bugy at the moment. When you say repair vessel do you mean 'green beam thingy' or docking fighters? The Dreadnought docks fighters. I might make the Delta DX9 do the same,if it doesn't already.
"You WILL respect my authority!" - Eric Cartman

Del

Post by Del » Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:18 pm

What I mean is something capable of repairing capital ships. See once one of my dreds is badly hurt I pull it back, but the self-healing rate isn't exactly useful and no repair ship makes retreating damaged ships useless.

Couple other things: could you make the Y-wing turret rotate? I also noticed the TIE-Bomber has a LOT of trouble firing his bombs, I've only seen them fire once in several matches, when the other fighters fire regularly.

Also, the explosions for the rebel bombs seem a bit out of date, they're the ones from version 6 if I'm not mistaken and don't look too good in the middle of more recent effects.

Can you set the defense frigate's sphere to zero because all the 'bright blue circles' when in tactical view make using the tactical view very confusing.

Will the 'TIE noises' be incorporated at some point?

And finally, is there a way to make the build manager accurately reflect a ships strength? Because it says that the enforcer class has more armor, and the same firepower as the drednaught for a lesser price.

There, think I'm done :D .

SDF-1

Post by SDF-1 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:39 pm

Originally posted by Del:
What I mean is something capable of repairing capital ships. See once one of my dreds is badly hurt I pull it back, but the self-healing rate isn't exactly useful and no repair ship makes retreating damaged ships useless.

Couple other things: could you make the Y-wing turret rotate? I also noticed the TIE-Bomber has a LOT of trouble firing his bombs, I've only seen them fire once in several matches, when the other fighters fire regularly.

Also, the explosions for the rebel bombs seem a bit out of date, they're the ones from version 6 if I'm not mistaken and don't look too good in the middle of more recent effects.

Can you set the defense frigate's sphere to zero because all the 'bright blue circles' when in tactical view make using the tactical view very confusing.

Will the 'TIE noises' be incorporated at some point?

And finally, is there a way to make the build manager accurately reflect a ships strength? Because it says that the enforcer class has more armor, and the same firepower as the drednaught for a lesser price.

There, think I'm done :D .
Yeah I've noticed the problem with the Tie Bomber in V7.1 and V8, like it will fire only one bomb every 10 passes at something yet the rebel fighters fire bombs much more frequently not sure if this is a bug or a feature be good to hear something on it though!

[ 07. March 2004, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: SDF-1 ]

Del

Post by Del » Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:27 pm

Well the only reason of buidling a TIE bomber rather than a fighter is the bombs so I doubt it's voluntary. After all the bombers are weak and slow.

One other bad thing I noticed is that a-hole rebel players, having X-wings from the start of the game, usually swarm ressourcers and there's nothing an imperial can do with the TIEs that get wasted in 2 seconds. I know this isn't a final release but I suggest putting a weaker ship as scout next time, for balance's sake.

Dave

Post by Dave » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:33 pm

this mod is definitly &*^%@! cool. Just a couple points: Yea, I noticed the tie bomber thing as well, only 1 bomb on like 8 passes. Victory SDs will try and ram the Rebel mothership. Rebel fighters are way too strong for Imperials (this is because of their armourment I know, but when is the Defender going to down some Rebel scum?) Also, is the single player ever going to be completed, I did it as far as it left me and it looks awesome! You guys keep this up, this is the only thing keeping me entertained in Bosnia! [img]graemlins/eviltail.gif[/img]

Dave

Post by Dave » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:36 pm

One other point, yea, the defense frigates, sphere of influence, is kinda annoying when your trying to track fighters. Anyway of either reducing it or killing it completly?

[ 08. March 2004, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: Dave ]

Zeelich

Post by Zeelich » Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:40 am

There are only two units capable of repairing cap. ships. The Support Frigate and Repair Corvette. At the moment they are combat vessels. However, I'm more than willing to replace one of these ships with some sort of support vessels, maybe even with a new repair animation (SvK willing).

Any ideas?

Fighters can't have rotating turrets. I tried. Several times. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hmm, I never noticed the TIE Bomber problem. Probebly because I never build it. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'll check it out, just a Max/MinAngle problem.

Yeah, I agree, the Bomb Explosion effetcs are a bit dated. Not realy sure what to do woth those.

The Defense Frigates 'Defense Sphere' has to be the same radius as the Weapons range. Otherwise it will not fire. Can probebly make it a darker colour though. I'll look into it.

Nope, no TIE noises. I'm sick of messing with SFX.

No idea about ship strength.

[ 09. March 2004, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Zeelich ]
"You WILL respect my authority!" - Eric Cartman

Darth1o9

Post by Darth1o9 » Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:39 pm

well get msn or something dude [img]tongue.gif[/img] i just wanted to know how i could change the limits on thhe build menu?

Return to “SWNR Homeworld TC”