[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - Starwars: New Rebellion Version 8.0 r1.0 is Online!

Starwars: New Rebellion Version 8.0 r1.0 is Online!

Moderators: Maverick, DesertFox82, Zeelich, WarAce_505

Postby Pierce 2: The Sequel » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:36 pm

No, this mod is entirely Star Wars.

There might be Borg in Zeelich's Star Wars/Star Trek crossover mod, Invasion (see the other stickied thread), but I can't remember for sure...
Pierce 2: The Sequel

CAnt download

Postby buttsker » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:06 am

buttsker

Postby Shadow Reaper » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:17 am

Shadow Reaper

Postby DesertFox82 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:09 pm

DesertFox82

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:25 am

TheOneNamedViper

Modding

Postby CorSec Authority » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:29 pm

I've had SWNR on my hardrive for a while, and for my own pleasure i've been experimenting with modding them into X2: The Return. The models in the mod are incredible, and look great in the game. I'd like to be able to eventually put the models into a seperate X2 mod, or, failing that, make them available for other X2 modders.

Is there anyone still about that i can ask permission from to do this? Naturally, i won't do anything without full permission. I know that most of the models have been adapted from XWA, so would i also have to contact SWA authors?

I've posted about this on the X2 forums, here:-
CorSec Authority

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:14 pm

Yeah, it goes without saying that you'd need the permission of the original author of each XWA model, since the SWNR permission to use them only extends to this mod, meaning that noone on the team would be able to authorise your use of them for anything other than personal enjoyment.
Also, IIRC Darksaber who made most of the ones we got permission to use doesn't like his models used in mods for games he doesn't play, so you better hope he likes X2. Most of the XWA modders hang out at lately, so you can probably find most of the modelers there.

Pretty much every other model in the mod is made by Zeelich with a few exceptions. You'd need his permission to use them, and he seems to have dropped off the face of the internet lately (his site went down too), so you probably won't have much luck there.

Anyway, good luck on your efforts. It's always nice to see new mods starting up. There seems to be all too many of them just fizzing out or getting downright shut down lately. :( (R.I.P. )
TheOneNamedViper

Postby bzb » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:02 pm

bzb

Postby Shadow Reaper » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:09 am

Shadow Reaper

Postby CorSec Authority » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:10 am

Thanks. Some of the models, such as the SSD Ravager, and the Imperial Carrack, don't seem to have credited authors. My download of the SWNR mod didn't include a readme or credits list. Where there is a lack of a credited author, shall i just assume that they're Zeelich's creations (Although some other models do include a credit to Zeelich)? It's a shame, because they're lovely models.

Ah well, thanks to you guys anyway for creating such a great mod. I still play it, and find it goes well with really loud Wagnerian music. ;)
CorSec Authority

PreviousNext

Return to SWNR Homeworld TC