Too... Many... Polys!!! Arhhhhhhhhhh!

Moderators: Maverick, DesertFox82, Zeelich, WarAce_505

nickersonm

Post by nickersonm » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:47 am

Originally posted by Del:
I never said the opposite, from the start I've been trying to tell them how I think they should be referred to as neutral. This is not something that can be argued.
Originally posted first by Del:
Actually ships are referred to as neutral, so as "it" unless you're an ubernerd who believes they have souls .
(emphasis added)

I was responding to the point you first made, and apparently continued to argue.

Turg (please disregard if your text was not directed at me): yes, I am aware of that, but Del was criticizing Chariot's English, so I responded to that. Ships can be called "it" in English, and while it is generally accepted, it is not technically correct.

Z, how are you making the rings rotate? With mads? If you get it working, and the animation matches up with the firing (suggestion: fire events can trigger mad animations, right? So having one or two "guns" that triggered a rotate-by-one animation should replicate the effect, I think), that would be extremely cool :D .

On another note, how accurate is the scaling between the universes? From the ss's I've seen, it looks like the ST ships are enlarged a bit.

- nickersonm, eagerly awaiting the impending SW:I release

Zeelich

Post by Zeelich » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:09 am

The scalling should be pretty close. The ST ships may seem bigger at times due to N-Lips, I've been thinking of going through and removing it.

My hope is that if I attach the gun points to turrets and the turrets to a rotating ring the gun points will move with the turrets. A .MAD animation can be triggered when the ship trys to fire, so as long as the guns rotate with the ring it should work. In theory. The gun points will probebly ignore the turrets completly, or worse, the turrets will ignore the rotation ring. :D Even if it works, the speed of the rotation and the firing angles for the turrets will requiring a bit of tweaking to get right, but that's ok. [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for the next SW:I release I promised by the end of the month, and I'm confident of it coming out on time for a change. :D

[ 28. January 2005, 05:12 AM: Message edited by: Zeelich ]
"You WILL respect my authority!" - Eric Cartman

Del

Post by Del » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:40 pm

Whatever.

Darth, you're a *******. Figure it out.

And for those who don't know (Nick implying I have a poor mastery of english because I'm a foreigner, typical :rolleyes: ), English is my first language, I've been learning it since birth, at the same time as french (I speak four languages total), and am perfectly entitled to saying how I feel about it.

"Del was criticizing Chariot's English " Really? How? And you felt that he could not defend himself, how cute.

Insectoid, if you felt my comments were insulting, they were not meant to be and were not directed at you in particular.

"Originally posted first by Del:
Actually ships are referred to as neutral, so as "it" unless you're an ubernerd who believes they have souls . "
Yes, as Turg said people do use the neutral. You know it perfectly, I did not contradict myself, you're just trying to prove yourself right by any means.
I've heard enough of your bickering Nick, and I won't bother answering beyond this.

[ 29. January 2005, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: Del ]

Zeelich

Post by Zeelich » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:26 am

Alright people that is enough. This is insane! Who gives a rats ar*e how someone refers to a ship!? I mean come on! What are you 12 years old!?

If you want to refer to a ship as she, he or it, go for it. It really isn't important. Especialy here, refering to ships that don't really exist!

If this argument, and it is just an argument, continues I'll lock this thread. Which would be a shame because I havn't had to do anything like that on this Forum for a long time.

Kyp678

Post by Kyp678 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:15 pm

Nice work Z, lookin really good.

Way to hijack the thread guys [img]tongue.gif[/img] Its amazing what perspective can do, because from my point of view- you all look silly. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But what can ya say, Del is being Del... That's just the way he is and probably won't change. I think the fires are over though Z, I'm pretty sure you won't have to play enforcer. :D

Darth1o9

Post by Darth1o9 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:37 pm

Originally posted by Del:
Whatever.

Darth, you're a *******. Figure it out.

And for those who don't know (Nick implying I have a poor mastery of english because I'm a foreigner, typical :rolleyes: ), English is my first language, I've been learning it since birth, at the same time as french (I speak four languages total), and am perfectly entitled to saying how I feel about it.

"Del was criticizing Chariot's English " Really? How? And you felt that he could not defend himself, how cute.

Insectoid, if you felt my comments were insulting, they were not meant to be and were not directed at you in particular.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />"Originally posted first by Del:
Actually ships are referred to as neutral, so as "it" unless you're an ubernerd who believes they have souls . "
Yes, as Turg said people do use the neutral. You know it perfectly, I did not contradict myself, you're just trying to prove yourself right by any means.
I've heard enough of your bickering Nick, and I won't bother answering beyond this.
</font>[/QUOTE]Del, im so hurt, i just wanna cry [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You should really stop attacking everyone, its pointless, get a grip, find your dick and go get a girl.

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:40 am

Remember, it takes two for an argument, so if one of you just stops replying to the other's posts it'll stop on its own, and we can get back to Zeelich's impressive Battle Dragon. ;)

Darth1o9

Post by Darth1o9 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:41 pm

i was laughing at him, thankyou [img]tongue.gif[/img] yes its pretty his battle dragon, maybe he should get rid fo some pollies so hw can run it nice and smooth ;)

Zeelich

Post by Zeelich » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:51 am

HW shouldn't have a problem with. Especialy since after LOD0 the turrets will all but dissapear, which hold a good number of polys. Don't forget, SW:NR uses Darksaber's fighters for XWA, each is around 2000 - 3000 polys. [img]smile.gif[/img] HW has a solid engine, it can handle it. :cool:

[ 03. February 2005, 05:53 AM: Message edited by: Zeelich ]

Return to “SWNR Homeworld TC”