[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - Too... Many... Polys!!! Arhhhhhhhhhh!

Too... Many... Polys!!! Arhhhhhhhhhh!

Moderators: Maverick, DesertFox82, Zeelich, WarAce_505

Postby nickersonm » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:47 am

nickersonm

Postby Zeelich » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:09 am

The scalling should be pretty close. The ST ships may seem bigger at times due to N-Lips, I've been thinking of going through and removing it.

My hope is that if I attach the gun points to turrets and the turrets to a rotating ring the gun points will move with the turrets. A .MAD animation can be triggered when the ship trys to fire, so as long as the guns rotate with the ring it should work. In theory. The gun points will probebly ignore the turrets completly, or worse, the turrets will ignore the rotation ring. :D Even if it works, the speed of the rotation and the firing angles for the turrets will requiring a bit of tweaking to get right, but that's ok. [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for the next SW:I release I promised by the end of the month, and I'm confident of it coming out on time for a change. :D

[size="1"][ 28. January 2005, 05:12 AM: Message edited by: Zeelich ][/size]

"You WILL respect my authority!" - Eric Cartman
Zeelich

Postby Del » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:40 pm

Del

Postby Zeelich » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:26 am

Zeelich

Postby Kyp678 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:15 pm

Nice work Z, lookin really good.

Way to hijack the thread guys [img]tongue.gif[/img] Its amazing what perspective can do, because from my point of view- you all look silly. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But what can ya say, Del is being Del... That's just the way he is and probably won't change. I think the fires are over though Z, I'm pretty sure you won't have to play enforcer. :D
Kyp678

Postby Darth1o9 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:37 pm

Darth1o9

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:40 am

TheOneNamedViper

Postby Darth1o9 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:41 pm

i was laughing at him, thankyou [img]tongue.gif[/img] yes its pretty his battle dragon, maybe he should get rid fo some pollies so hw can run it nice and smooth ;)
Darth1o9

Postby Zeelich » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:51 am

HW shouldn't have a problem with. Especialy since after LOD0 the turrets will all but dissapear, which hold a good number of polys. Don't forget, SW:NR uses Darksaber's fighters for XWA, each is around 2000 - 3000 polys. [img]smile.gif[/img] HW has a solid engine, it can handle it. :cool:

[size="1"][ 03. February 2005, 05:53 AM: Message edited by: Zeelich ][/size]

Zeelich

Previous

Return to SWNR Homeworld TC