Trail.Script Explanations, Also Trail FX - How?

Need some help from our resident experts? Got some new info? Post here! Hw /Hw:c /Hw2

Moderators: Meurig, Spooky, Crook, Sjet vs. Kerrigan

Sastrei

Post by Sastrei » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:23 am

Hey y'all,

On the thought that there's people here not over at RelicForums, thought I might post here.

Are there any lists showing what the stuff in trail.script does? I'm trying to get rid of that annoying little flicker and jitter at the beginning of the trail, and the only noticeable change I've made is removing the flare/burn, so that the flicker is MORE visible. I'm also trying to figure out how to modify/remove that second quad that sits *inside* the main trail.

Where are the files that comprise the texture the trail uses? Surely it must be possible to texture the quad used for the trail?

And where's the search button?

Thanks for any help y'all might have!

-Stefan-

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:37 am

This is HW1, right?

It should be possible to remove that flicker (which of course I have no idea how to actually do any more), but it isn't however possible to texture the trail. It is, sadly, hardcoded into the .exe how the trail is structured.

And as for the search button? It is no more. It has ceased to be. It has expired and gone to meet its maker. It has... no wait, I'm not supposed to be talking about a parrot here, am I? Anyway, last time the forum got bumped to a new version of the UBB software, there was a problem with it, so it was removed.

Sastrei

Post by Sastrei » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:29 am

Yeah, HW1. Hehe, thanks for the info. Maybe someone will happen by who remembers how to remove the flicker then. :D

-Stefan-

Return to “General Modding”