help with graphics card

Need some help from our resident experts? Got some new info? Post here! Hw /Hw:c /Hw2

Moderators: Meurig, Spooky, Crook, Sjet vs. Kerrigan

SgSpecial180

Post by SgSpecial180 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:16 am

hey heres my prob, well at least my history of problems with graphics cards and homeworld. When i started playin hw1 i had a Geforce 256 5700 ultra and all was well. then i bought hw2, and big surprise, hw2 supports all cards except Geforce 256's,(which doest make sense to me because i would think that the increased memory would be good for running larger texture files) so i dropped the 5700 and bought a Radeon 256 9550, and that worked great on all the levels except for the first level, where the graphics were very choppy, and i dont know why. Anyways l8ter on i installed the warlords mod 45 and the radeon worked ok, except when you built a a supercap, then the framrate dropped to about....6 fps. for that reason, plus the fact that i started playing doom 3, i decided to get a new card. I got a Radeon X700pro, and it worked super with hw2 modded and doom 3. But then i heard that the Geforce 6600GT was so much better and the price is the same, so i swapped the x700 for a 6600GT, and it plays D3 SLIGHTLY better than the x700, but when i play hw2 with the warlords mod, it crashes as soon as i start a player vs cpu game. I dont know why it is doing this. The card is a 128, all the drivers and patches are all up to date... does hw2 just not play well with Nvidia??? should i go back to the X700??

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:39 am

HW2 plays just fine with nvidia. I have no problems with it. The choppy performance you've experience is probably due to the game wanting more system memory. (I had to go beyond a Gig before it ran perfectly). My guess is that the crash is due to you using a faulty map, or a setting that doesn't work. unfortunately there are still a few of those around.
Also, (in case it's relevant) I've found that the game crashes consistently when you try to play it while having two monitors active.

SgSpecial180

Post by SgSpecial180 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:17 pm

ahhh... that has to be it. i had my tv sceond monitor on whenever i played hw2, i didnt even think of turning it off. As far as system memory goes, i got 2 gigs so that cant be the problem. thanx for the monitor tip though, that was the prob.

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:13 am

Glad I could help. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Segaboy

Re: help with graphics card

Post by Segaboy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:23 am

I dont know why it is doing this. The card is a 128, all the drivers and patches are all up to date... does hw2 just not play well with Nvidia???
We offer up to date Testking practice act exam practice questions with self paced test engine to help you pass Testking hesi exam exam and complete your ccent course msu.edu you should also find. rasmussen.edu

Return to “General Modding”