B5 Dilgar invasion mod

Need some help from our resident experts? Got some new info? Post here! Hw /Hw:c /Hw2

Moderators: Meurig, Spooky, Crook, Sjet vs. Kerrigan

SgSpecial180

Post by SgSpecial180 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:46 am

sweet....you know what would be cool? if there was a way to name your individual capital ships. suppose if you were to right click and where it comes up with all the different commands such as scuttle and move and formation....there could be a command called 'name'. You click this command and it would bring up a lill box-like prompt where you could type in a name. The name wouldnt be on the ship itself...it would replace the standard label of destroyer or cruiser with the name when you select that ship. It would be cool cause it would give the ships a more personal feel. Is there any way someone could incorporate a feature like that into a mod?

Sheriden

Post by Sheriden » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:53 pm

Yeah im pretty sure u cant do that in HW, i know in HW:cata u could do it with command ships and carriers, and not sure about HW:2, but i highly doubt HW can do it.

SgSpecial180

Post by SgSpecial180 » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:49 am

i gotta question for the ppl who made all these different b5mods. Ive downloaded all of them and noticed that in certian mods some ships have better stats then in other mods. For example...in the movements of fire and shadow mod the starfuries and thunderbolts are alot stronger then the ones in the ea civil war mod. Also....some mods replace the default homeworld carriers with a EA carrier. Theres a bunch of other things ive noticed but it would take way to long to type em all. What i was wondering is would any of the mod teams mind if i took different ships from different mods and made one mod out of them. I know it works cause ive already done it by combining ships from the mofas mod and the EAcivil war mod. Im just askin cause i dont want to piss anyone off. I dont want ppl to think that im tryin to steal thier mods and take credit for them.

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:25 pm

For your own personal use, most people don't care if you throw some ships together. Where people get mad is if you release such a combination to other people.

As for why things are different, there are a couple of reasons. First off is individual preference of the people making the mod--people interpret things differently. The second, particularly since you're using MOFAS as an example, is that not all mods are in a fully finished and balanced form.

SgSpecial180

Post by SgSpecial180 » Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:06 am

thats cool...ive finished combining the differnt ships and came up with a pretty cool mod. i dont plan on giving it to anyone...but even on the slight chance that i would....id include a readme that would give all credit to the respective mod teams.

theblessedsheridan

Post by theblessedsheridan » Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:07 pm

Fraid that would be a no-go mate, re-distrubition of other peoples work (whatever re-organised form it takes) without the permission of the orignal authors is a big no no, best to keep personal mods to yourself [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sheriden

Post by Sheriden » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:13 am

yeah take TBS's advice, as he's the big man around here, he knows a *little* bit about what he's talking about.

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:18 am

Yeah, and what am I? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Chopped liver? :rolleyes:

Sjet vs. Kerrigan

Post by Sjet vs. Kerrigan » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:33 am

*throws Captain Pierce in a frying pan with onions and soy sauce*

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:42 am

Dammit! I just KNEW it! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Return to “General Modding”