O-R-B .POD -> .OBJ Conversion Tool Now Available

A Babylon 5 mod for Homeworld

Moderators: Spooky, Crook, Thursday

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:36 pm

This is the first of several modding tools for O-R-B that I am writing to become available:

http://www.b5mods.com/site/tools/orb/PO ... ool100.exe

Usage Notes:
============
1) Simply open a .POD file extracted from pod.res and it will automatically be converted to an .OBJ complete with .MTL file.
2) To view the mesh with the textures you will need to extract the contents of the relevant L_xxx,M_xxx or H_xxx .RES files in the same directory as the .POD files.
3) You can then do with them as you please. Image

You may well need the VB6 Runtime files as well. These can be downloaded from Microsoft's site.

The next version of the tool will let you create .POD files from .OBJ files.

Have fun...

------------------
Babylon 5: The Great Wars and Space: Above and Beyond
Mods for Homeworld. GW Mod and Forums kindly hosted by The Gaming Union

Apollo 187

Post by Apollo 187 » Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:55 am

YAY! now maybe ORB will eventaully be WORTH the $60 people payed for it. i personally didnt buy it, but now im starting to rethink it... if a decent mod is made for it that is, thats the number one reason i bought HW, for the mods

Calavan

Post by Calavan » Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:09 am

heh, well if you're gonna buy it nows a good time. 10 bucks at BestBuy.com last time i checked.

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:30 pm

I have been working on the new version on and off for a while now and here are a couple of update pics:

You are now able to scale the mesh before saving, directly edit the various offset etc. parameters and change the object name and hierarchy level. Image

It will read in Milkshape 3D .ms3d files as well and directly convert them to POD files... Image

Return to “B5: The Great Wars”