Excellent release but encountered a few problems

A Babylon 5 mod for Homeworld

Moderators: Spooky, Crook, Thursday

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:19 pm

Yeah, it sometimes does that. When you've reloaded a savegame, the corruption which was there before is gone. It's not at all always it does that, but from time to time, saving the game, quitting it and then reloading the savegame will remove tex-corruption.

Swifty

Post by Swifty » Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:30 am

you gotta love homeworld with its crazy problems and soulations :P

[This message has been edited by Swifty (edited 07 June 2003).]

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:41 pm

The save, quit, reload solution is a bit odd I must admit - strange but true. Image

And destroying the carrier before the mission triggers tell you to will definately cause the mission to carry on forever. The same can happen in Level 7 quite easily...

Hopefully HW2 will not have these silly problems. Image

------------------
Babylon 5: The Great Wars and Space: Above and Beyond
Mods for Homeworld. GW Mod and Forums kindly hosted by The Gaming Union

Hellspawn

Post by Hellspawn » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:18 am

I just finished playing the SP campaign as Sheridan. I am immensely impressed with the finished result. Image

There are very few problems that had any effect worth mentioning. I can only find 3 minor problems overall:

1. I got extensive texture corruption from level 10 upwards. Pretty much every level had it. The save/reload fix works but usually I have to do it everytime I start a new level. This was the only major issue and it isn't that much of a deal since there's that wacky fix.

2. Anytime a level ended, the in-between movie is cut. I don't know why this happens but I can't see those movies, even the ending was cut. As soon as the Walkers arrived with the Council, it started to change to the final movie sequence then it just jumped into the credits. Also not a huge deal but kinda bummer I don't know what happens after I killed the Emperor. Image

3. The missing Olympus Corvette. I know the new model didn't work because of texture corruption and as Sheridan I didn't really miss the ship but playing as Clark now definately leaves a void not seeing this little rascal. Hopefully someday the new model can be fixed or the earlier model from GW3 1.0 can be reenstated as a last resort.

That's it, everything else was above and beyond. I'd like to thank the GW team again for all their hard work. Great Job.

------------------
One Last Stand to hold the Line against the Night...EA President

Return to “B5: The Great Wars”