Please help

A Babylon 5 mod for Homeworld

Moderators: Spooky, Crook, Thursday

ilKhan Pesh

Post by ilKhan Pesh » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:06 am

Hey Everyone,

Im new to moding and I need some help. I downloaded the 'NARN-CENTAURI WAR v2.0' and 'Homeworld 2 Starfury' mods today but I dont know what to do with them. Please help me.

Thanks
ilKhan Pesh

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:52 pm

Originally posted by ilKhan Pesh:
Hey Everyone,

Im new to moding and I need some help. I downloaded the 'NARN-CENTAURI WAR v2.0' and 'Homeworld 2 Starfury' mods today but I dont know what to do with them. Please help me.

Thanks
ilKhan Pesh
For the NARN-CENTAURI WAR v2.0 mod extract the files to a folder on your hdd.Make a text file and make a list of all the files and folders in the mod in the newly created text file.Then move the files and folders to the hw1 folder.Make sure HW 1 is patched to v1.5 for better support.Then start the game and the game should then start with the custom interface of the mod.Don't worry if the game crashes and all the mods will cause HW1 to crash now and then.To stop using the mod simply remove all the files and folders of the mod from the HW1 folder or just delete them.

I'm not exactly sure about how you get the Homeworld 2 Starfury mod to work in HW2.

For the NARN-CENTAURI WAR v2.0 could I upload the .big file version of it that I made?

maxdamage.

[ 09. December 2004, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: maxdamage ]

ilKhan Pesh

Post by ilKhan Pesh » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:52 pm

I feel stupid but I thought that the Great Wars Mod was for HW2. But I figured it out and installed HW1 and got it to work. Thanks for you help anyway. All I did was make copys of the Homeworld folder and rename them GW1-4 and put the mods in the folders.

ilKhan Pesh

commander kron
Location: Tsunami?- why its my personnal supertitan (a ship with guns...think big)

Post by commander kron » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:55 am

i've been mucking around at home, on a B5 mod E.a VS The Mimbari Federation, which i got from Firemods's b5 mod team, and of course it had afew good ships e.g. the warlord destroyer- the mimbari cruiser etc, but overall i found myself disappointed so i learned to change the main infomation of the fleets in the notepad and copy other files to modify the fleet so now I have a virtually complete rundown of vessels types...e.g. i took the Ion cannon frigate (mimbari) and made copies of it and changed the info in notepad, so i then I had long slow firing, but long lasting lazer fire for my ICF, extremly short firing, but fast rate of fire for my destroyers and really powerful heavily armoured Heavy cruisers...my only problem was that if you call the heavy cruisers, heavy cruisers in ships type, when playing every time a heavy cruiser was lost my gane would crash...so i change them to Non-Combat class instead which got rid of the problem...

[ 16. January 2005, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: commander kron ]
Neckbreaker: Homeworld mods are great!

commander kron
Location: Tsunami?- why its my personnal supertitan (a ship with guns...think big)

Post by commander kron » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:00 pm

sorry to ask but i downloaded what i believe to be the correct patch for homeworld, is v1.5 normally called homeworld105patch, if so how do you install it, cause i have down loaded it into my homeworld directory (not in a folder, and when i open it, it beeps and then comes up with this message 'patch failed-file update.big not copied to c:\sierra\homeworld\update.big what do i do...

and secondly if i get this patch running how do i install the narn v centuri 'great war', does text file mean notepad or do i need an actual mod programme called 'text file'?

Crook

Post by Crook » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:28 pm

I wouldn't bother with any text files. Just extract the mod into the base /homeworld/ directory. You can always completely delete and reinstall if you want clean HW again. As already said, the best solution is to copy the complete /homeworld/ folder somewhere else and apply the mod there, but you MUST apply the 1.05 patch before copying any folders anywhere, as the patch exe looks for the directory in the registry, and it won;t patch any copied folders no matter where the exe is located.

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:28 pm

As you can see just double click on the Homeworld105Patch.exe patch and then you should get this message:

maxdamage.

Return to “B5: The Great Wars”