EA Omega Model Finished!

A Babylon 5 mod for Homeworld

Moderators: Spooky, Crook, Thursday

CnlPepper

Post by CnlPepper » Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:13 am

I finally found time to finish it... weighting in at 5786 polys, with 1x(2048x2048), 1x(2048x1024) and 2x(1024x512) textures here it is (click to enlarge):

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

A pic showing off the spec maps:

And one pic for fun:

The model has full colour and specular maps (bump maps and luminosity maps could be made if there was enough demand).

Hopefully by the end of tomorrow it will be packaged up and available to downaload by any mod team that wants to use it.

I'll be making a Nova model using this model as a basis shortly (should be quite quick).

CnlPepper - Glad he's got it done finally!

[ 12. September 2004, 04:15 AM: Message edited by: CnlPepper ]
<b><a href="http://homeworld.firstones.com" target="_blank">Firstones B5:TC</a> Ex-Team Leader, Fusion Physicist, Freelance Coder and Modeller</b>
<b><a href="http://www.geocities.com/cnlpepperplanet" target="_blank">CnlPepper's HW Mod Resources</a></b>

Commander Metalvenom

Post by Commander Metalvenom » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:18 am

Very nice dude:) one of the best low poly models ive seen:)

Swifty

Post by Swifty » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:48 am

Very cool [img]smile.gif[/img]

Crook

Post by Crook » Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:48 pm

Looks great. The only problem is those rear engines. They really need to be 12 or 16 sided. I don't think it'd up the polys so much, and it'd complete the look of a high detailed model.

CnlPepper

Post by CnlPepper » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:13 pm

Crook: I've been thinking about it lately (after meurig pointed it out in the last thread), but it will add a lot of polys as the engines are 6 segments deep. Adding an extra radial section to all the engines adds a total of 60 polys to the final count. Currently the engines are 7 sided, upping to 12 sides will add 5*60=300 polys to the mesh.

I was originally aiming this model at HW2 where there will be many ships onscreen. For a game like IFH this mesh could be considered ~LOD1.

CnlPepper - Having a rest..!

Meurig

Post by Meurig » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:19 pm

Not too fond of the engine texture.... but that's just personal preference I suppose.

I stand by the engine sides thing though, its definately worth the extra polys.

Also, some of your engine details seem to intersect the actual engine tubes on the bottom two - could be the angle, mind.

Other than that though, it looks fantastic [img]smile.gif[/img]

CnlPepper

Post by CnlPepper » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:46 pm

The interesction I think you are talking about is just an artifact of the camera angle.

Which bit of the engine texture don't you like? Outside, inside tiles or acceleration grid? I was quite happy with the grid and the tiles! [img]smile.gif[/img]

CnlPepper - Will make a more curved model in the future...

deathblane

Post by deathblane » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:07 am

That's a sweet model [img]smile.gif[/img]

Tomatowen

Post by Tomatowen » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:50 am

O my god.

Amazing.

That is a very very good model, Cnl.

Beautiful.

GW team, do you guys think you'll use this for HW2 Great Wars? That would be very sweet. :D

Again. OMG. :eek:

Meurig

Post by Meurig » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:05 am

Originally posted by CnlPepper:
Which bit of the engine texture don't you like? Outside, inside tiles or acceleration grid? I was quite happy with the grid and the tiles! [img]smile.gif[/img]
The bright blue bit. I think what's standing out to me is that there's no gradation from the bright blue to the black of the tube interior, the bright bit just ends. I think if the flat polys of the exhaust had some kind of rim around the edge, or an embossed ring around the exhaust to show that the blue is actually contained by something it would make more sense, and look better for it.

Return to “B5: The Great Wars”