Gw3: Ea Civil War - Problems

A Babylon 5 mod for Homeworld

Moderators: Spooky, Crook, Thursday

Azodiak

Gw3: Ea Civil War - Problems

Post by Azodiak » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:41 am

Oh, I searched for help in few other forums but I think, that one is the right one.

Just a few quotes from that forums about my problem, maybe someone can help me to fix it:

(I)
"Hi folks, I fear, that is not the right forum for my question but I dont know wher to write my question.

Maybe someone of you know how to run the Mod GW3: EA Civil War for Homeworld of the http://www.b5mods.com/ site, because the forum of that site is down. I did update the game like mentioned and copyed the files into the Homeworld folder. But as I started the game and wanted to launch a new game, it went back to windows (XP, my PC). I tried it on the PC of my dad (WIN 98) and it hang up and went back to windows just after playing the intro...

Maybe some of you can help me, you are my last hope!"

(II)
"Hmm... thanks, woo, but I have reat that readmy allready and did what it said.

As Captain Pierce on the relicnews forum said, I created a debugmessages.txt and the following last lines apeared

Warning: Could not find gun in mex at 4623cc0
Warning: Could not find gun in mex at 4623cc0
Warning: Could not find salvage point in mex at 429ef40
Warning: Could not find salvage point in mex at 429ef40
WARNING: Could not locate mex Resources\DustClouds\dustcloud0\Rl0\LOD0\dustcloud 0.mex
WARNING: Could not locate mex Resources\DustClouds\dustcloud1\Rl0\LOD0\dustcloud 1.mex
WARNING: Could not locate mex Resources\DustClouds\dustcloud2\Rl0\LOD0\dustcloud 2.mex
WARNING: Could not locate mex Resources\DustClouds\dustcloud3\Rl0\LOD0\dustcloud 3.mex
WARNING: Could not locate mex Resources\Nebulae\nebula0\Rl0\LOD0\nebula0.mex
Warning: Could not find Missile for P2
Warning: Could not find Missile for P3
Warning: Could not find Missile for Traders
Warning: no mothership assigned, trying to find one:
Warning: no mothership found for this player

Mybe someone of you can work with that information... I cant

EDIT:
Dont think it is a corrupt download... I have downloaded the data just a few weeks after its release and the same failur appears... but I thought they would patch it. Now, the site seems to be no longer supported and I fear a patch is not in sight.

That is very depressive -_-

Is there someone out there, who can say that this mod is working on his computer?"

Chevieblazer

Post by Chevieblazer » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:22 pm

hey azodiak,
i do indeed believe you download is corrupted. you are clearly missing several meshes and mesh extension files(mex). and the first two mex files (or however many this is from) seem to be corrupted also.

i'm not sure if you can find a new download anywhere, since this mod is already several years old. the team has since dissolved, and the tgu has been restructured, which is why the old forum link won't bring you here any more

Crook

Post by Crook » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:17 pm

A missing mex shouldn't cause such a failure. Here's a possible solution:

Delete the entire FEMAN folder within Homeworld (or move it somewhere else temporarily)

Azodiak

Post by Azodiak » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:56 pm

Oh, I found one who will send me the date via E-Mail ^^

And no, sorry. Your solution didnt fix that problem but thank you for trying to help me.

Return to “B5: The Great Wars”