Possible...

Moderator: Commander Metalvenom

BlackBird

Post by BlackBird » Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:00 pm

Someone sent me a really grainy B5 clippic of a badger from some episode... I don't have it anymore. needing some input, some concept pics
enclosed...

<a href="http://b5coi.visupoint.com/" target="_blank"> <b>B5:COI,The Weapons Grade Powder'd WhoopAss Company</b> </a>

Sheriden

Post by Sheriden » Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:58 am

i think the 2nd one looks better, probably because the turret looks more of an extention then an add on pod, the 1st one looks like it was attached... anyways either way those are BEAUTIFUL models.

Chevieblazer

Post by Chevieblazer » Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:53 am

i totally agree with sheriden

Commander Metalvenom

Post by Commander Metalvenom » Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:42 pm

very nice model bb:) i love the second pod:)
Everything PC Space Game
http://www.spacesource.co.uk

Meurig

Post by Meurig » Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:29 pm

Nice model, looks quite like Mark Kane's.

But what are you trying to achieve? An accurate Badger class? If so theyre both wrong, the accurate one looks like this.....
Its just a rear facing cockpit basically.

But if you are making new designs along the similar premise, then well done, those look quite good Image I like the angled guns.

Sheriden

Post by Sheriden » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:58 am

yeah meurig has a good point, hmm thats a good pic i must say, lol, never really see many good refs of the badger... anyways the model looks good, but if u want it accurate, go with that ref pic as i think u could do a nice job with it.

BlackBird

Post by BlackBird » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:15 am

YES! Just the Pic I was refering to, WOW!!! Yes,I have to admit that I used referince ship designs from other formats to build my own starfury. TrueSpace will only allow certain poly algorithms to genereate a user friendly interphase and then the user has to "GET" creative. This pic is just what I'v been lookin for(someone sent it to me several months back) getting an accurate rendition from this pic is the hardest part:IE; Extreme graininess AND BAd focal capture! aside from that.... Workin in a third possible contraption [img]graemlins/eviltail.gif[/img]
P.S. My Understanding is that this is a Packet Cruiser/Frigate Protectorate ship & the aft pod is designed to separate if need be to acheve the desired objective [img]graemlins/eviltail.gif[/img]

[ 30. December 2003, 04:22 AM: Message edited by: BlackBird ]
<a href="http://b5coi.visupoint.com/" target="_blank"> <b>B5:COI,The Weapons Grade Powder'd WhoopAss Company</b> </a>

Sheriden

Post by Sheriden » Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:09 am

yeah, the 1st design is closer, but it still looks too... separate. i think u could use that pic to maybe alter the 1st model, or just go straight off the pic, i dunno, lol.

Return to “B5: COI Discussion”