IS THIER STILL A MOD?

Moderators: Jason8472, Casious

Gust0o

Post by Gust0o » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:30 pm

It's a pity that the mod's on the way out, in terms of firm progress, but I can completely understand - they take an incredible amount of time, effort, and skill... aspects which the dreaded realm of real-life is not without demands on.

Still, what we had was of an amazing quality, and it was a brave effort at a relatively-neglected sci-fi universe. I had fun, and I think everyone who downloaded, or had contact with, the mod did too - and as far as epitaphs go, I can think of much worse.

So, thanks Jason; thanks SAAB team. You never know... there's always Homeworld 3 ;)

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:51 pm

Originally posted by Jason8472:
Happydude, I would LOVE to make a deathmatch or assault map based on running around inside/outside the Saratoga. That would be a hell of an undertaking though. Then again, its not like I dont have enough reference material though. LOL.

After I get my first DM map finished, a few buds and I are going to try to tackle a map based on the Lord of the Rings Minas Tirith. If it proves to be too much, we can always try to touch on the Toga idea.
If you need help with getting meshes in without using Maya as I've been able to do it in UT2003, then I'll be willing to help with any questions. [img]smile.gif[/img]

maxdamage.

[ 24. August 2004, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: maxdamage ]

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:58 pm

Originally posted by Jason8472:
Happydude, I would LOVE to make a deathmatch or assault map based on running around inside/outside the Saratoga. That would be a hell of an undertaking though. Then again, its not like I dont have enough reference material though. LOL.

After I get my first DM map finished, a few buds and I are going to try to tackle a map based on the Lord of the Rings Minas Tirith. If it proves to be too much, we can always try to touch on the Toga idea.
If you need help with getting meshes in without using Maya as I've been able to do it, then I'll be willing to help with any questions about it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

maxdamage.

CamW

Post by CamW » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:31 am

I was doing the intro movie for this mod what, 3 years ago? [img]smile.gif[/img]

If you guys decide to return to this mod with the HW2 or future engines, feel free to email me. I'd love to redo the intro movie for your game.

Ahhh, I just watched the trailer for the mod I made too. Good times.

Merc

Post by Merc » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:46 am

Cam,

You the man. We could always use someone of your talent and skills. Good to see you here.

Jason8472

Post by Jason8472 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:01 pm

Hey, Cam! Nice to see you hear too. Oh, we would most def give you a holler if we decided to do something else. Your work you did on the intro was really cool.

Red_ufo

Post by Red_ufo » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:11 pm

I lost the Hammerhead mesh by S May because of a hardrive crash I did manage to backup some files before the crash but eventually I had to format the hole hardrive and lost a lot of data, does anyone on the forum have a copy of the Hammerhead archive by S May, its much Appreciated…cheers

Red_ufo

Post by Red_ufo » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:13 pm

Does anyone know when the SAAB Website will be back up...cheers

Jason8472

Post by Jason8472 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:10 am

Believe me, Red, when I say I REALLY wish I could get the SAAB site back up with TGU. I would put it on with a different host, but the site along with the downloads I had available weighed in at a hefty 90 meg. There is no way I could have someone else host the site as I would need almost all of the 100 megs that I originally had available from TGU before the current owners sacked my site.

Its been so long since I have spoken with the heads of TGU, so I wouldnt even know who to ask to get my space back.

scottismo

Post by scottismo » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:42 am

Hey J its been a while.

Why don't you ask my host. He hosts www.homeworldarchives.com. His email addie is troff at homeworldarchives dot com. I would post the link but he like me don't want spam! If that fails, let me know and I will reach further into my pocket to produce alternatives.

I do this for you old buddy and for HW - the old days ;)

Return to “SAAB Homeworld Mod”