IS THIER STILL A MOD?

Moderators: Jason8472, Casious

Happydude

Post by Happydude » Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:51 pm

is thier still a mod or have you all died?
I havent seen an update or new forum remark for sometime.
Happydude

PadForce

Post by PadForce » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:59 pm

i think the creators lost interest after hw2 release and cos of other projects, still i think it would b nice if they released one final version
plz [img]smile.gif[/img]

star blazers fan

Post by star blazers fan » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:17 am

Let me put it this way. If you don't give me some more ships to use in this mod...dum dum duuuuuum. I'm going to combine it with the Battlestar Galactica mod, and the Farscape mod, for my Cat mod. If that won't scare you I don't know what will. ;)

Jason8472

Post by Jason8472 » Mon May 17, 2004 5:07 am

Originally posted by star blazers fan:
Let me put it this way. If you don't give me some more ships to use in this mod...dum dum duuuuuum. I'm going to combine it with the Battlestar Galactica mod, and the Farscape mod, for my Cat mod. If that won't scare you I don't know what will. ;)
Aye, that does scare me. LOL. Hey, guys. I havent been around here in quite some time, so forgive me if I dont have any news for you. I havent spoken with Spooky or Thursday in, well, way too long.

As far as the mod, the last time I checked, there were to be no more releases for Homeworld. Until things get a bit easier to mod HW2, Im afraid that what we have is final.

Jeff Murcko, our famous high poly modeler/concept artist/SAAB expert, is another person that I have not spoken with in a long time, so I dont know if he has done any meshes for the mod. From what I have seen by visiting his website, he looks like he is going in a different direction with his modeling skills, which have gotten even better, which is something I didnt think was possible.

We did have some ships that were to be put into the next release that are workable, but it looks like we probably wont see the light of day from them.

I hope everyone enjoyed the mod as much as I have.

On another note, it looks like they ripped down the SAAB HW website too, which really sucks considering I put alot of time into making the site. It was the only place that had Jeff's models available for download too, which sucks even more.

[ 17. May 2004, 05:11 AM: Message edited by: Jason8472 ]
"Better to keep your mouth shut and have the world believe you a fool than to open it and confirm their belief."

Space: Above and Beyond: Homeworld

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Mon May 17, 2004 11:45 am

All the TGU hosted sites are down at the moment... Tex is working on getting them back up, though...

Merc

Post by Merc » Tue May 18, 2004 6:53 pm

Hey compadres,

Jake my man, how you doin?

No we're not all dead yet, but life kinda gets in the way.
I had a lot of fun working on this mod, and in the future, if we ever start modding for HW2 or beyond, I would still jump at the opportunity, as much as possible. In fact, the last S:AAB project I was working on was a 1000 poly Hammerhead that was gonna use the textures from the completed high res model. Ah well...I'll still complete it sometime and then just release it .

If we ever start modding for HW2 or beyond, just remember we have a lot of ideas that are finalized, a lot of models that could be updated/added to. Whether this will ever happen remains to be seen, but a lot of work is done if we ever decide to take up the challenge again.

BTW my websites old already. Need a new one!

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Sun May 30, 2004 9:25 pm

Hi all - I am still very interested in the SAAB mod but as Jake said I do not think there will be another HW1 release. HW2 modding is coming along VERY slowly, we are only just starting on a GW mod for HW2! Once the problems of adding ships become less annoying I am sure a SAAB port will happen - but unfortunately I have no idea when that might be at the moment... ;)
<b><i><a href="http://www.b5mods.com/" target="_blank">Babylon 5: The Great Wars</a> and <a href="http://www.tgu.org.uk/users/saab/saab/saabhome.htm" target="_blank">Space: Above and Beyond</a>
Mods for Homeworld. GW Mod and Forums kindly hosted by <a href="http://www.tgu.org.uk/" target="_blank">The Gaming Union</a></b></i>

Jason8472

Post by Jason8472 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:09 am

Cool. Very nice to see both of you, Merc and Spooky. Its been way too long since we all spoke.

Plus, Im very, very happy that there is a possibility for SAAB HW2. If the website every gets back up, Ill update it a bit so peeps dont think we are dead. [img]smile.gif[/img]

On another note, Ive started to learn how to map Unreal Tournament 2004. This is what takes up most of my computer time now. Im currently making a map from the tutorial videos that came with the game. Man, they make things much easier.

Once I feel it is decent, maybe Ill upload it so you guys that have the game can take it for a spin.

Happydude

Post by Happydude » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:32 am

Thanks for responding, and i was wondering if a UT2004 saabmod may be a possobility......

Jason8472

Post by Jason8472 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:00 am

Happydude, I would LOVE to make a deathmatch or assault map based on running around inside/outside the Saratoga. That would be a hell of an undertaking though. Then again, its not like I dont have enough reference material though. LOL.

After I get my first DM map finished, a few buds and I are going to try to tackle a map based on the Lord of the Rings Minas Tirith. If it proves to be too much, we can always try to touch on the Toga idea.

Return to “SAAB Homeworld Mod”