Things to fix or see in the next release

Moderators: Jason8472, Casious

Jason8472

Post by Jason8472 » Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:46 am

Hey, guys. For you peeps that have played with the current version of the mod, I would like to ask 2 things:

1. What do you feel needs to be fixed or tweaked for the next release?

2. What would you like to see in the next release?

Ships, effects, intro replacement, sounds, maps, resizing (Saratoga and Eisenhower), anything that you feel would make the mod stand out.

Spooky and I were discussing the possiblity of rescaling the ships, but that would be a tremendous task and will not happen for quite some time. But heres hoping!

I'll try to get a list of the things I feel should be in the next release and some wishes that would be nice to see come true too.

------------------

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:25 pm

If you dont rescale the ships will the saratoga and eisenhower still behave wierd? Like getting way too close to the enemy?

Jason8472

Post by Jason8472 » Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:40 am

Well, the Toga and Ike could be rescaled so that the problem doesnt happen, but it might not accomodate the other UEF ships. Personally, I feel that they should be rescaled anyway as they are the more important ships in the mod.

------------------
"Better to keep your mouth shut and have the world believe you a fool
than to open it and confirm their belief."

wolf_01

Post by wolf_01 » Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:30 pm

With ships, I'd love to see the Chig fighter, but most of all (for me), would be to see the motherships replaced, tho I see the Chig one is still undecided (why not try and whip up a Chig shipyard? Image ).

Jason8472

Post by Jason8472 » Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:24 am

I totally agree with you on the Mothership, Wolf. But until the carrier and MD are resized, there really isnt a point in making the mothership now.

------------------
"Better to keep your mouth shut and have the world believe you a fool
than to open it and confirm their belief."

Tyr Fenrisulven

Post by Tyr Fenrisulven » Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:13 am

well, obviously CVR needs to be fixed, and i think the blast radius for the larger ships needs to be toned down a bit, and possbily the damage as well... having an entire squadron of hammerheads take down a chig carrier just to lose every one of them in the blsat... =\
gayness

i dont know if its possible, and obviously its not a priority, but how about making fighter class ships jink when they are in combat (strafe or move erratically to avoid fire)
i just dont think there's a fighter pilot anywhere that would fly past an enemy and the continue in a straight line...

oh, and if at all possible, give the hammerheads at least a bit of a fireing arc... the guns under their noses are supposed to be mounted on turrets... making that turret on their back capable of shooting in a limited backwards arc would be a nice bonus too
as it is right now the chig bombers are just too much for hammerheads...

well, cant think of anything else right now, but i'll probably be back soon with more ideas

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sat Aug 16, 2003 1:13 am

A couple of the things you suggest aren't possible given the limitations of the Homeworld engine--particularly turrets on fighters, which just don't work. There's some tweaking that can be done on fighter attack patterns, IIRC, but largely the HW fighter AI is what you're stuck with.

wolf_01

Post by wolf_01 » Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:07 am

There is the possibility of turrets on the corvettes tho, right? So if anything the 128th fighters could, but would they have to be made bigger?

Who knows, maybe Homeworld2 will have more flexibility. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
(if there's any plans to try for Homeworld2 as well)

Return to “SAAB Homeworld Mod”