SAAB FOR BREED?!?!?! EVEN BETTER!

Moderators: Jason8472, Casious

Zarkonis

Post by Zarkonis » Wed May 28, 2003 12:11 am

Greets,
Ok, SAAB for homeworld was a great idea, SAAB for HW2 will be even better. But to really nail it, I think we should go with SAAB for BREED.

My original mod team that was doing things for ORB cant do anything because they never released the tools, so I would like to get it up and running working on SAAB: BREED.

I dont know how much you know about breed, but this is why SAAB would be great:

1.There is already a HUGE 10 deck carrier called the "darwin" which is a spitting image of the carrier in SAAB.

2.The hammerhead is a GREAT model we have that can be easily exported in place of the fighter thats there right now in breed.

3.The other major air/space unit is the transport, and we can EASILY mod something that looks like the transport, and when you press G (that opens the back door of the transport), it can instead drop the "cargo box" of the SAAB transport. (easy to script)

4.The scripts in breed are EASSYYY omg, they are a modders dream!

5.The terrain units can all stay the same and just have "color adjustments" for their suits, as the suits look the same.

6. Its easy to put in logos and such.

7.The Chig models are easy to insert instead of breed, as well as their main fighter and transport.

8. IT HAS GROUND WARFARE which is the same thing that was in the show, AS WELL AS fighter warfare as you would launch your fighter squadron and pilot to fight against the chigs!!!

9. We have full support and help from fenrisWolf who works for brat and wrote the breed story/mission outlines. That goes ALONG way to perhaps publishment Image

10.This medium is a SAAB fans dream.

11. Audio provided by worldclass audio studio spaceopera studios Image

======
So what is there to do?

1. Assemble a team of scripters who know the scripts well. This shouldent be hard, as there are already people who know the mods VERY well and who are playing with them and such and are eager to script missions and input models in game.

2.The models would need a bit of an enhancement, and there would need to be some work on the transport model. We can use most of the "usc" models ingame with just slight edits, but we will need to make fully new "CHIG" models as the breed are robots and dont look like "chig"s.

3.Develop a story/line script. Perhaps from the show itself?

--

Tell me what you think. Personally I think its a much stronger medium than even hw2 could ever be, to realize the full potential of SAAB.

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Wed May 28, 2003 11:18 am

I agree that Breed sounds just right for a SAaB mod. Image I hope you find the people you need to make it work...

Zarkonis

Post by Zarkonis » Wed May 28, 2003 3:34 pm

well I want to speak to saab about this, as they have excellent models/moddelers and I have done the back end work already, we have an official dev from the brat team that will work on the story with us, and we have all the scripters we need... just need some of saabs help with model design Image

Jason8472

Post by Jason8472 » Fri May 30, 2003 5:39 am

You pose an interesting proposition, Zarkonis. But, as far as models and such, you would have to contact Spooky or Thursday about using them in another mod.

As far as reference or anything else, I would be more than happy to help as Breed does look like a definite fit for S:AAB.

Contact me for more info.

------------------

Zarkonis

Post by Zarkonis » Fri May 30, 2003 6:47 am

you have msn or icq or wanna meet me in irc? irc.quakenet.org #breed is the breed channel Image

Zarkonis

Post by Zarkonis » Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:15 am

i contacted you...

Return to “SAAB Homeworld Mod”