Why HW1 and not HW2?

Moderators: Jason8472, Casious

Pierce 2: The Sequel

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Thu May 04, 2006 12:15 am

TheVipersFang wrote:For example the only fighter available for the Earth Forces is the Hammerhead so I say use the hammerhead to fill all the Fighter Class slots with slightly different squadron markings and maybe slightly different stats to reflect the strength or weakness of the squadron (127th Angry Angels will have more firepower but less speed to reflect McQueen's fighting style). Then use the ISSCV/ISSACP to fill the corvette slots, again differing the stats to reflect the role. As for the Frigate Class and Super Capital Class just use differing versions of the existing capital ships. This same theory can be applied to the Chigs. That way the mod gets finished fairly quickly and easily and when you play the AI or human opponent will only be using SAAB ships!
Isn't this the way it was already done? Or maybe it was just the plan when things went dormant, but I could swear I remember seeing different wingart on Hammerheads at some point during this mod... :confused:

Post by Jason8472 » Thu May 04, 2006 5:08 am

Actually, we talked about using only 2 Hammers, the light corvette and interceptor slots, for the 2nd version. The textures were going to be changed too. Thursday was working on them before the mod went dormant.

Reason for eliminating the 2 other hammers was because I found some pics of non canon UEF ships that made for promising ships in this mod. Ill dig them up and show you what I mean later on.

We were also going to change up some of the slots too. Especially the ISS series ships.

I remember us talking about eliminating the Eisenhower from the missile destroyer slot too. The Ike was going to be replaced with a destroyer varient that I have a render of. But, since the Ike is a pretty cool looking ship, we wanted to still keep it in game, but couldnt decide what to do with it.

I should actually write up a 'State of the Project' paper from before the project went dormant. We had a ton of plans, materials, ships, models, concept work. I have at least 90% of it here on my puter. The only things I dont have are Jeff's UEF heavy cruiser mesh that he was working on and Spooky's UEF support frigate. The support frigate was looking might fine too.

Ill make a post in regards to the state of what we have and were going to do after I gather all relevant info.

Very well said and those most certainly were our intentions. :)
"Better to keep your mouth shut and have the world believe you a fool than to open it and confirm their belief."

Space: Above and Beyond: Homeworld

I don't mean to be pushy but...

Post by TheVipersFang » Thu May 04, 2006 12:18 pm

What will it take to get this thing going again and to finally finish it ?!?!?

Sorry to sound pushy but I see great potential in the work you guys have done on this mod and it gives me a sense of pride to know that a couple of devoted fans can bring SAAB to life in a game like Homeworld1. After playing the version listed on the sight I actually took a day off work to watch the entire series from start to finish!

Speaking of a finish... PLEASE FINISH THE MOD!

I will help in anyway I can although I can't mod in HW1 :(
Does moral support count?

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper » Thu May 04, 2006 5:39 pm

Its not impossible to learn HW1 modding... it took me a while, and I still wasnt amazing at it, but i had enough skill to add all the weapon points, edit the (whatever there called that handle what type the weapon is) files (.eug? or is that another game...)

Give yourself some time, obviously if you cant model see if you can find someone else to, but once you've learnt the basics you can build up from there.

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Sat May 06, 2006 12:16 pm

the .shp files take care of weapon definitions in Homeworld. The reason I never really got good at HW modding, I think, is that all the .mex tools kept crashing on my computer at random intervals. (Sadly, I had that problem with HWSE too.)

Return to “SAAB Homeworld Mod”