Trekmods K'vort-class Battlecruiser Beta Release

STHW modding forum for Starfleet Command and Bridge Commander

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Pierce 2: The Sequel

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:21 am

The term "K'vort-class battlecruiser" comes from the Deep Space 9 Technical Manual, and was an attempt by Rick Sternbach & Mike Okuda to explain the extremely variable scaling of the "Klingon Bird of Prey" model in its various appearances in Star Trek III, TNG, and DS9. Their theory was that there were 2 Birds of Prey: the 109-meter long B'Rel, and the 327-meter long K'vort. While there are any number of things you could nitpick about this theory, overall it seems to hold together fairly well as long as you don't look too closely. The theory that I tend to subscribe to is that, after the Praxis incident, the Klingons really didn't have the ability to design a completely new battlecruiser to supplement the K't'inga, so were forced to "scale up" the proven B'Rel design as an interim measure. Eventually, in the 2360's, they were able to bring the Vorcha into play, but that still leaves a long time where the K'vort was presumably one of their biggest combat vessels...

This K'vort was based on an original B'Rel model (which I hope to release someday), but was then tweaked to represent the fact that it's three times larger. The main difference is the window sizes, but there are other small tweaks involved as well.

Please note that this is a beta release only, just to see how it works. As such, we would ask that the file not be mirrored, altered, or re-used at this time.

Download the SFC2 version here: http://www.thegamingunion.co.uk/users/f ... t_beta.zip

Please post any feedback here.

[ 25. February 2005, 03:23 AM: Message edited by: Pierce 2: The Sequel ]
The Artist Formerly Known as Captain Pierce

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:52 am

Link updated.

Curse those evil apostrophii!!!

Charvell

Post by Charvell » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:31 pm

My K'Vort! It's still looking good. Thanks for putting it in. I made the B'Rel that matches also. Do you suppose I could get credit for making them? Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06. March 2005, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: Charvell ]

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:34 am

You're in the ReadMe file, buddy. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Do you have an illuminated version of your B'Rel handy, by chance? If so, can I get it?!? :D All I have are HW versions...

Charvell

Post by Charvell » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:24 pm

Tell me what I need to do and I'll get it set up for you. Send me an E-mail if you like. Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:10 pm

Just needs illumination maps like the K'vort has... according to the credits on the K'vort, you did 'em--if that's right, then you'll know what I mean; if it's not, you're terribly confused right now. :D

Oh, and SFC doesn't use animations, so if you wanted to glue the ship together into one piece, with the wings down in the "attack" position, that would be great, too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Look me up on MSN sometime and I can explain in greater detail if necessary.

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:22 am

Charvell, Do you by chance have your Original B'rel/K'vort models handy (pre-SoA import)? Id like to see them in SFC and Nexus. Ill do the imports myself of with pleasure, and of course you will get full credits.

[ 10. March 2005, 05:23 AM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ]

Charvell

Post by Charvell » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:54 pm

Well... It seems that someone else did the illumination maps.

Stress, I have the (.PEO) with (.LIF) original version I set up for HW (pre SoA). I also have the pre-HW (.MS3D) version before (.OBJ) transform. Which would you like?

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:21 am

The pre-HW MS3D format, Preferably in .3ds format if at all possible. If not then ill accept as is. I want the original master as it was before it was imported into HW for SFC [img]smile.gif[/img] Send her to Capt' Pierce, and he will relay it to me. If it needs lumination maps i can do up a new set for her. TIA Charvell :D

[ 11. March 2005, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ]

Charvell

Post by Charvell » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:54 pm

Question... Is (Pierce 2: the sequal) the one and only Captain Pierce? Or someone else... I'm not sure who to send them to.

Return to “BC, SFC, and Nexus modding”