Trekmods Romulan V11, V6 & V8 in-game

STHW modding forum for Starfleet Command and Bridge Commander

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby Pierce 2: The Sequel » Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:56 pm

This was an attempt at teasing people with the V11 that just didn't work very damn well... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ 22. February 2005, 03:04 AM: Message edited by: Pierce 2: The Sequel ][/size]
Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby lonh » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:01 am

whats wrong with the starboard cannon??????????

but overall, sweet. [img]graemlins/eviltail.gif[/img]
When I get home people 'll ask me, "Hey Hoot, why do ya do it man? Why? Just some war junkie?" Ya know what I'll say? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you, and that's it. That's all it is."
Only the Dead have seen the end of war- Plato

When you have 'em by the balls, the hearts and minds will follow"
lonh

Postby Pierce 2: The Sequel » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:45 am

Of the Bird of Prey? Nothing, far as I can tell, although does seem to be blending in a bit with the destroyer behind it...

But you're not supposed to be looking at those crappy Taldren ships anyway... ;) You're supposed to be looking at the much nicer cloaked ship...

Postby TheStressPuppy » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:57 am

Problem is u cant tell how much nicer it is when its CLOAKED! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
TheStressPuppy

Postby Pierce 2: The Sequel » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:26 am

It's a TEASER, f'chrissakes! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Well, anyway, time to 'fess up to it:

This is ThomasTheCat's texturing take on the FASA V-11 Stormbird, AKA the Romulan version of the Klingon D7 battlecruiser, as seen in "The Enterprise Incident." Obviously, he was thinking that they got a new paint job after that episode... :D (The model and base textures are StressPuppy's.)

I also have a FASA V-6 and V-8, which will be going into SFC2 just as soon as I can figure out where to put them... :(

[size="1"][ 20. February 2005, 03:29 AM: Message edited by: Pierce 2: The Sequel ][/size]

Postby Pierce 2: The Sequel » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:30 am

More of Thomas the Cat's texturing genius, this time gracing a model made (IIRC, anyway) by Dolphoenix, the FASA V-6 "Gallant Wing" cruiser:

The hardpointing was a bit tricky on this one, but I was able to rig it so that this can be used either in place of the "RFR" (Taldren's version of the Bird of Prey/Warbird from TOS) or the "RBC" (one of their "original" ships, although half of their "original" ships seem to be leftovers from Klingon Academy ;) ). FASA's stats make the V-6 out to pack more firepower than either the V-8 (their term for the Warbird) or V-9 (which is just a TMP-era version of the Warbird, near as I can figure), so finding a set of hardpoints to use for it was a little tricky. I finally settled on this compromise--SFC2's Warbirds mostly pack very little firepower, and the "RBC" ships are a step up from them, so you can use it as the battlecruiser or just as one of the more powerful Warbirds. Not that anybody here actually gives a crap about any of this, I fully realize, but I was just looking for an excuse to pat myself on the back... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Next: the V-8.

Postby ThomastheCat » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:35 am

They look great, cap'n. Nice to see them in game. [img]smile.gif[/img]
ThomastheCat

Postby Pierce 2: The Sequel » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:03 am

Yes, it certainly is. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Here's the V-8, which was what FASA called the "Bird of Prey"/"Warbird" from TOS.

Now that I've got all these in, it's time to get a few more beta releases out the door... ;)

Return to BC, SFC, and Nexus modding