[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - Favor the Bold Final Alpha

Favor the Bold Final Alpha

STHW modding forum for Starfleet Command and Bridge Commander

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby TheStressPuppy » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:35 pm

The first, and Last build of FTB is up for download.

We managed to ressurect this mod from the dead. Tho its still in its alpha state. With the departure of Dasher42, and Dolphoenix from the Trekmod team. There is nothing more we can do with this mod. Since they were the only ones that could mod BC.

The mod is far from complete. This is an "open alpha" meaning that the BC community has open permissions to fix whatever is wrong with the mod (coding, scripting, etc), and replace missing ships in the mod. There are 7 missing ships which we do not have the nif's for, but we do have the models. I wish we could have been able to do more with the mod, but we have no one left on our team that can mod BC. Its only fair to the community that we release what we have done so far.

Anyways the things that do work, they work pretty good. Make sure you read the Readmes, and Bug List for all the known issues. DO NOT reply with "This is broken, or This is missing, or When i did this it crashed my game, etc. etc". We already know about these things. We are NOT supporting this mod. We cant support it. We dont know how to support it. That is why we made it an Open Alpha in the 1st place. It is up to you guys to figure whats wrong with it, and how to fix it. If you do fix something, post your fix. Id like to see this mod become an open community project. Much how linux is to OS's.

Even with all its flaws i still enjoyed playing this mod, and I hope you will too.

Here she is finally...Favor the Bold for BC

Netscape, and Firefox users right click and save as.

[size="1"][ 27. January 2005, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ][/size]
How can you alter one side of a bargain? baltar
When there is no "other" side...You missed the whole point of the war. The Imperious Leader
TheStressPuppy

Postby FendeR » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:05 pm

Well I guess it's better than nothing.
Someday, I'll own one of these biatches...:grinangel
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FendeR

Postby Manticore » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:00 pm

Dude... :rolleyes:

It's a lot of fun guys. Two keyboards up. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Lord Vorkosigan <i>does not</i> always get what he wants!

Let's be about it.
Manticore

Postby Pierce 2: The Sequel » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:45 am

Hey Fender, could you do something about that overly large sig of yours please?
Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby TheStressPuppy » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:15 pm

TheStressPuppy

Postby FendeR » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:44 am

Someday, I'll own one of these biatches...:grinangel
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FendeR

Postby TheStressPuppy » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:55 am

Belive me, We would rather have completed the mod. Unfortunetly nobody here can mod BC. So this release marks the end of our BC modding days.

We have plans for better mods for better games tho [img]smile.gif[/img]
TheStressPuppy

Postby Manticore » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:00 am

I must say, this is a very fun mod. And the first time I saw a Galaxy open up with its photon bursts (not knowing about that little feature at first..) I was like "Oh ****!!" Intrepids aren't meant to take that beating for long...

My only nit is that because of a Sovvie's rate of fire in burst mode, and the very powerful quantums, there are few ships that can actually stand up to her. The Dominion Dreadnaught is basically the only ship I've fought so far which has actually defeated me (at least that I haven't brought into myself, I love C2X's Borg Cube :D ).

Two thumbs up, and I hope you get a scripter soon so you can finish this amazing mod.
Lord Vorkosigan <i>does not</i> always get what he wants!

Let's be about it.
Manticore

Return to BC, SFC, and Nexus modding