Earth Ship Sarajevo

STHW modding forum for Starfleet Command and Bridge Commander

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Pierce 2: The Sequel

darkthunder

Post by darkthunder » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:26 am

Latest Enterprise episode, showed this ship as a "ship of the week". It was suppose to ferry some passengers back to earth, so i'd assume it's at least warp capable, and being post-xindi attack, i'd assume it to have a couple of phase cannons for defensive purposes. This is the only image in existance as far as I know. It was only shown on screen for a couple of seconds. Bottom part of the ship, I guess is relatively flat.

Anyone interested in doing this ship so that we get more ENT-era ships, go right ahead. Looked original at least, compared to the "Akiraprise" and other TNG-era ships they kitbashed for ENT designs Image

// Darkthunder

Pierce 2: The Sequel

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:41 pm

Actually, it's been seen at least once before--

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/schem ... screen.jpg

--at the end of "Storm Front, Part 2."

Doesn't look (IMO, anyway) particularly like a warp ship, but clearly it has to be now...

darkthunder

Post by darkthunder » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:07 pm

OK, didn't know it had been seen before. And yes, they were not nearby to earth when the Sarajevo came to pick up the passengers. I'd assume the Sarajevo has at most a Warp 2 capability, since its basically only the NX-class starships currently equipped with Warp 5-drives.

[ 15. January 2005, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: darkthunder ]
// Darkthunder

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:43 pm

Original yes, looks like a fusion of the worst parts of voyager, and the ent-e saucer section. Sorry, just dont like the design. (im being meurig today [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) However it "should" be a simple mesh to do being that its only a single piece hull with superstructures added.

As for the "Akiraprise", one can argue that the Akira evolved from NX (of course we better). The ship in itself is not a bad design. IMO it could have been an excellent transition from post TOS to Pre-TMP era ship design. It doesnt look like a 100 year prior to TOS ship. Of course we've all heard this before. I question the placement of some of the windows. especially on the lower saucer. "hey guys, lets STAND over the viewport, and check out the xindi ships that are shooting at us!" If your gonna place windows DONT PLACE EM ON THE FLOOR! hehehe, sorry 4 that rant. back to the point.

I can take a crack at meshing her once im done with the venture. Just cause shes ugly IMO doesnt mean i wont do it ;) Another ship to add to our shipyards.

[ 15. January 2005, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ]

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:21 am

You know, given that it's just a hull with a superstructure, it has a certain DY-class feel to it... I wonder if we're looking at the DY-732, -950, or -1200 here... ;)

Edit: here's what reference I can give ya, Stress: http://www.thegamingunion.co.uk/users/f ... oshots.zip. I'd say it was odd that it looks so small compared to NX-01 in these shots, compared to how it looks in the pic posted here, but I've seen the episode of the "Augment" arc where the Denobulan shuttle shrinks to a tenth of its original size so it can fit into the proto-BoP's "shuttlebay." :rolleyes:

[ 18. January 2005, 03:28 AM: Message edited by: Pierce 2: The Sequel ]

Meurig

Post by Meurig » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:57 pm

Originally posted by TheStressPuppy:
just dont like the design. (im being meurig today [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
I like this design, it's nice to see something non-trek-ish.

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:04 pm

It may be a "give in" that all Non-Starfleet ships have a "DY" designation. We really dont know this, but let us assume it is so untill proven otherwise. DY may be a civilian reg along with the NAR, and "ss" designation. just may mean which civilian faction controls the ship. Just speculating here.

Whatever DY-XXX this is, its obviouly one of the "newest" warp capable varients. which makes me think that the "s.s. Valient" (The ship that looks like the Lief Ericson, or the AMT glow in the dark mystery ship with warp nacelles) Speaking of which, i saw some recent shots of the "Leif", i just may mesh her lol.

[ 18. January 2005, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ]

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:26 am

No, "DY-500" (or any other number) is a class of ships, like "747" is a class of airplanes. IMO, it has more to do with who made the ship than who runs it...

The Valiant has nothing to do with the DY series, Greg Jein made up a model to represent that once, Ex Astris has a pic of it...

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:15 am

Ok NM, i only saw a bad rear view of the valiant.

darkthunder

Post by darkthunder » Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:21 am

Another feature in ENT they totally screwed up: Ships of this era belong to the "United Earth SPace Agency" or UESPA. Not Starfleet ;)

Starfleet and Starfleet Academy weren't founded until after the cration of the federation, in 2161. NX-01 and all other human ships of this era are from 2154 or earlier (NX-01 was launched in 2151).

In TOS I believe they even referred to starfleet as UESN (United Earth Space Navy). I don't know, maybe the temporal cold war in Archers time screwed up the timeline as we know it, more then Daniels gives credit to. Any change in the past would undoubtedly effect his time as well. Perhaps when he started aiding Archer in fixing timeline screw-ups, his timeline had already been altered so he believes that THIS timeline is the correct one ;)

[ 19. January 2005, 03:26 AM: Message edited by: darkthunder ]
// Darkthunder

Return to “BC, SFC, and Nexus modding”