Romulan Aen'Rhien-class Warbird WIP

STHW modding forum for Starfleet Command and Bridge Commander

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Pierce 2: The Sequel

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:00 pm

This was originally designed as a replacement for the "King Condor" in StressPuppy's TOS Homeworld mod, the Romulans' "Phase 2" ship. Aen'rhien translates as "bloodwing," which according to the Diane Duane "Rihanssu" novels is a large bird much like a condor.

[ 10. July 2005, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: Pierce 2: The Sequel ]
The Artist Formerly Known as Captain Pierce

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:12 am

Sweet! :D

Skeeter

Post by Skeeter » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:54 pm

Why does some of these romulan ships have the klingon necks and heads. I dont like them sorta makes them klingon/romulan hybrids. :(

Nice model though.

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:35 am

Because this and the Hlai refit date from the time in the late-TOS/early-TMP era when the Klingons and Romulans were allied and trading technology. FASA has several Rom ships with booms & pods inspired by the Bird of Prey, which in their universe was a joint Klingon/Romulan design.

The boom and pod of this and the Hlai refit are inspired by the Klingon booms and pods, but we've also tried to make them distinct and not just use any existing boom or pod. That we'll be saving for a bit later... ;)

Skeeter

Post by Skeeter » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:59 pm

Ever thought about trying a Y shape neck with two heads/bridges at the end. Dunno why two heads lol, but it would be different and unique in a way.

Oh and since its in this forum which game is it going in? As if its going in BC I would like to see some high res texture maps, perhaps. If at all possible.

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:25 pm

Here's a thought: perhaps a two-headed design with one being the bridge and the other being a torp launcher. I know that if I was the captain of a ship like this, I wouldn't want to be sitting right above the torp launcher.

Skeeter

Post by Skeeter » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:00 am

Yeah nice idea. Perhaps a twin plasma torpedo launcher design or somit for 2nd head or somit.

Useful for say attacking stations or bombardments.

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:56 am

I will only be putting it in SFC; specifically, SFC2. However, it may find its way into BC at some point.

It'll be suitably high-res, don't worry. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The twin-headed boom, I think, would be tough to pull off... although I might run the idea past CJ for a future ship just to drive him crazy... :D

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:58 am

Why not have lightning shooting out its ass, and while we are at it have a big hand sticking out its side with an uber mace to whack them feds upside the head! (major sarcasim here, but you get the point) [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

In other words.. Let the man build his ship his way!

After the Klink/Rommie alliance Rommie designs almost always had a klingon inspired neck and head.

The B'rel was initially supposed to be a stolen romulan ship, but the idea got the ax for whatever reason. FASA has the B'rel as a joint klingon/romulan design.

Many fan built Romulan ships are inspired by joint klingon/romulan influence..I guess being that they were once allies kinda sparked that. just like unity station in SFC3 was a joint federation/klingon endeavour, and notice after the feds allied with the klinks federation ships stopped being "round"

[ 05. August 2005, 06:06 AM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ]

Skeeter

Post by Skeeter » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:34 am

Was only a suggestion for if you wanted to do a varient on this ship after this one was done sheesh. :rolleyes:

Return to “BC, SFC, and Nexus modding”