[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - Venture scoutship from "Insurrection" WIP (Finished 2/8/05)

Venture scoutship from "Insurrection" WIP (Finished 2/8/05)

STHW modding forum for Starfleet Command and Bridge Commander

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby TheStressPuppy » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:37 pm

Pulled an all nighter, and got the top portion mostly done, and the basic shape of the wings. I need a clear bottom view so i dont screw that up.

This model is primarily for Nexus Age of War, but will have SFC versions done also

Edit, top half is pretty much done, now for the bottom and details [img]smile.gif[/img] The poly count is turning out to be much less than expected so ill work on rounding out the nacelle areas some more.

[size="1"][ 08. February 2005, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ][/size]
How can you alter one side of a bargain? baltar
When there is no "other" side...You missed the whole point of the war. The Imperious Leader
TheStressPuppy

Postby Pierce 2: The Sequel » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:11 am

Lookin' good there, chief... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby Meurig » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:41 am

Aaaaaaaaaahh, and I thought armada 2 made the design up. Completely forgot about that ship being in insurrection.
Meurig

Postby TheStressPuppy » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:22 am

LOL! no, its canon unfortunetly

Im not a big fan of the design ether, but ive been tasked with building her so here she is [img]smile.gif[/img] she does look good from the top view hehehe.
TheStressPuppy

Postby Zeelich » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:46 am

Nice. [img]smile.gif[/img]

"You WILL respect my authority!" - Eric Cartman
Zeelich

Postby Manticore » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:09 pm

Though it's a bit early tell, it looks like a great rendition of one of the fugliest trekships ever...

(That is in no way meant to be an insult to you, but to the guy who designed it...)
Lord Vorkosigan <i>does not</i> always get what he wants!

Let's be about it.
Manticore

Postby TheStressPuppy » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:32 am

The mesh is finished. Its a whopping 850 polys (i had a poly limit of 2k, but oh well). Should look alot better once the textures are applied.

And last, but not least the ugliest view of the ship :D
TheStressPuppy

Postby Zeelich » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:07 am

Since you're way below your poly budget you migh consider making the curve housing the Bassards a little smoother. The curve has three sides, five or six would be better. Also, the edges of the left/right sides of the 'wings' could use some extra sides to.

Other than that, it looks really good.

EDIT: That wasn't to clear, how's this....

[size="1"][ 14. January 2005, 05:16 AM: Message edited by: Zeelich ][/size]

"You WILL respect my authority!" - Eric Cartman
Zeelich

Postby TheStressPuppy » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:07 am

The foward part of the wings i planned on rounding it out some more, i noticed that same sections u did.

Hmm now looking at the cgi i think i know a way to fix these things. just didnt think about it when i was building her lol. Of course it will mean having to rebuild the wing from scratch, but thats cool it will be worth it.

BTW i got a good schematic, but it doesnt show relief on the detail on the top. does anyone have a good screencap or 2 of the top of this thing? i mainly need to see the details of the aft area between the impulse engines.

[size="1"][ 14. January 2005, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ][/size]
TheStressPuppy

Postby reapernoire » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:49 am

While I dont have the film to grab screen caps from, I do have Armada 2 I can install that when I get back from work and grab some captures off that, if thats any use to you?
reapernoire

Next

Return to BC, SFC, and Nexus modding