ST:Nexus Age of War alpha release (now version 1.1)

STHW modding forum for Starfleet Command and Bridge Commander

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Pierce 2: The Sequel

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:30 am

I'll be honest with you, sbf--I think the gameplay sucks. I hate that there's no freedom of movement like in HW--you can only approach a ship/station/waypoint or run away from it, and half the time (in my experience) you can't even do that reliably. Stress enjoys the game more than me, so I'm sure he will have a different view... ;)

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:03 am

Looks like you missed a feature there. You can move anywhere you like, it's just done in a different way than in homeworld: with your ship(s) selected, hold down the shift key and an interface will appear. Then you just have to move the cursor to the location you want your ship(s) to go to and let go of the shift button.

star blazers fan

Post by star blazers fan » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:33 am

I'm curious Captain, have you seen any 3d ship games other than Homeworld that you do like? Your experience and posts on other forums have been most enlightening.

Pierce 2: The Sequel

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:21 am

You know, actually, I haven't. [img]smile.gif[/img] Not that there are many 3D space games other than HW--most are glorified 2D'ers a la StarFleet Command...

Gust0o

Post by Gust0o » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:04 am

To be fair to the game, when you think it through, in the vastness of space... the chances are you're going to be heading towards an object.

You're not going to set a course so as to sit around in the void.

It makes more sense in this light [img]smile.gif[/img]

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:35 pm

Ill be honest, Nexus could have done its movement system a just a little bit better, Not to say that it isnt "close enough for jazz" as cap' would put it. Gustoo is right in a void, and u only have a single target, there arent many places you could move around except closer, and further away. This is a tactical (sorta) ship combat sim, not an RTS like HW. For graphics quality nothing out there so far can match it. Plus its damn easy to mod :D

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Tue May 31, 2005 10:04 pm

Does the mod work with the 1.0 version of Nexus as I have irritating problems with the game with the patch installed?I had to re-install the game and it is back to normal and has not been patched.I've got the Asia\Pacific edition of Nexus.

maxdamage.

[ 31. May 2005, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: maxdamage ]
ImageNFS:MW NFS:U2 NFS:C Graaaagh! hellkom
"Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle-station"- Emperor Palpatine in the Star Wars movie Star Wars Episode 6:Return of the Jedi!
"I was elected to lead not read!" by Pres.Schwarzenegger in The Simpsons :The movie!

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:47 pm

I know I should have done this a long time ago when I had my comp fixed but I'm just not that into computers anymore sure I'm stuck playing NFS:U2 but hey I like it.Heres a pic of the problem I get in v1.1 of the mod and the game is patched to v1.01.I'm not even mentioning the problem with multiplayer part of the game as I really couldn't care!

maxdamage.
Attachments
problem.jpg
ImageNFS:MW NFS:U2 NFS:C Graaaagh! hellkom
"Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle-station"- Emperor Palpatine in the Star Wars movie Star Wars Episode 6:Return of the Jedi!
"I was elected to lead not read!" by Pres.Schwarzenegger in The Simpsons :The movie!

Return to “BC, SFC, and Nexus modding”