[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - ST:Nexus Age of War alpha release (now version 1.1)

ST:Nexus Age of War alpha release (now version 1.1)

STHW modding forum for Starfleet Command and Bridge Commander

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby TheStressPuppy » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:36 pm

We have added "Nexus: The Jupiter Incident" to our list of Trekmod games, and soon this section of the forum, and our website will reflect that change.

This project is a bold endeavor from Digital Underground. I am part of that crew, and i am involved in some of the mods development. Along with DarkShimmer DarkThunder, and DarkDrone of the BC, and SFC community's.

We have an early Alpha release of the "ST: Age of War" (working title) mod. This mod turns nexus into something similar to Bridge Commander (without the annoying saffi [img]graemlins/eviltail.gif[/img] ). It is also unique in the fact you can control up to 10 starships in a full 3d enviroment (not including the shuttles). As far as the graphics engine is concerned ive seen nothing like this. The black sun engine renders our ships Beautifully, With very little loss of framerate. My 3 year old machine handles the game very well.

These are the requirments for Nexus straight from the readme.

Operating System: Windows® 98SE/2000/XP
Processor: Pentium® III 1.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 1.0 GHz or faster (1.7 GHz or faster recommended)
Memory: 128 MB RAM minimum (256 MB recommended)
Hard Disk Space: 1.4 GB free
CD-ROM Drive: 4x Speed (24x Speed recommended)
Video: 32 MB NVIDIA® or ATI Hardware T&L card (64 MB NVIDIA® GeForce 4 or ATI Radeon Hardware T&L card recommended)
Sound: Windows® 98/2000/XP-compatible sound card
DirectX®: DirectX® version 9.0b or higher
Modem: 64 Kbps modem for LAN/Internet play (Broadband Internet connection
recommended)
A note: There are issues with the G-force 2 card with the games textures not displaying.

Now for the eye candy...

You can learn more about Nexus: The Jupiter Incident here

You can view the progress of the mod here

Update 1/24/05: The Mod has been updated to version 1.1, with more ships, and some bug fix's. download at the same url.

You can Download the Age of War Alpha here

[size="1"][ 24. January 2005, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ][/size]
How can you alter one side of a bargain? baltar
When there is no "other" side...You missed the whole point of the war. The Imperious Leader
TheStressPuppy

Postby FendeR » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:06 pm

It looks almost the same as Haegemonia.
Shiny [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Someday, I'll own one of these biatches...:grinangel
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FendeR

Postby TheStressPuppy » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:27 am

It looks better than haeg, with full bump, specular, and rendered shadows. Those screens above dont do the mod any justice, you have to see it for yourself 1st hand.

I was thinking of importing haeg's explosion fx those looked awsome in game.
TheStressPuppy

Postby Darth1o9 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:37 am

what happened to this?
Darth1o9

Postby TheStressPuppy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:17 am

What do u mean? The mod is still going strong. Check out the links
TheStressPuppy

Postby Darth1o9 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:21 pm

well i was just asking, i never said it had died [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Darth1o9

Postby Zeelich » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:48 pm

I didn't think Nexus worked in Win98. The Demo didn't.

Those screenshots are incredable. Nice work. [img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: Wait! Is that Akira the one from SOA!? No, it couldn't be.

[size="1"][ 03. February 2005, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Zeelich ][/size]

"You WILL respect my authority!" - Eric Cartman
Zeelich

Postby TheStressPuppy » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:17 am

so far none of the ships are from trekmods, but i do know reds valdore will be in the mod, and im working on the venture, and romulan shuttles.

This mod is using placeholder models at the moment, but what we planned is to use the absolute best models that the community has to offer. some u see in the aplha may stay some may not. it depends if theres better out there.
TheStressPuppy

Postby Darth1o9 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:06 am

ahh ok, cool, would really like to see a motion pictures mod for, would be really cool
Darth1o9

Postby star blazers fan » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:43 am

What is anyones opinion of this game? Specifically game play. Can you rotate around the ship like homeworld? Can you do ship specific tactics, like the ramming frigate, or drone frigate? I ask because I don't have a system that supports its requirements, and can't get it in the US yet. Is it so great that I should upgrade or wait for a suitable replacement for Homeworld? Let me know what you think?
star blazers fan

Next

Return to BC, SFC, and Nexus modding