[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - IaW Federation Dreadnought gets a makeover

IaW Federation Dreadnought gets a makeover

STHW modding forum for Starfleet Command and Bridge Commander

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby Pierce 2: The Sequel » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:35 pm

Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby TheStressPuppy » Sun May 01, 2005 10:02 am

TheStressPuppy

Postby Pierce 2: The Sequel » Sun May 01, 2005 1:21 pm

Didn't realize you were using the NCC-1100 suggestion. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The reason we went with 1500 ("we" being CJ and myself) for the Saladins in our scheme was to make them seem very much like sister ships to the Constitutions. We figured the Saladins were built right alongside the Constitutions, using the same components from day one. 1100 for the Federations was based on the class perhaps coming out of the Klingon conflict of around 2218 that's alluded to in TOS. 800 for the Ptolemy's was what I considered the biggest reach, but the way we figured it, the Federation is going to need a lot of transports to haul stuff around, so it made sense that they could be the earliest of all the FJ ships.

Someday, CJ and I will have to sit down and lay out our version of pre-TOS starship history in a little more detail...

Postby Manticore » Sun May 01, 2005 8:23 pm

If the Saladin's are 1500, what's 1600? Not Miranda, those are 1800. The Suryas?
Lord Vorkosigan <i>does not</i> always get what he wants!

Let's be about it.
Manticore

Postby Pierce 2: The Sequel » Sun May 01, 2005 11:35 pm

Hadn't gotten quite that far yet... might be Suryas, might be Kearsarges... might be something else entirely... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Postby TheStressPuppy » Mon May 02, 2005 3:58 am

The 1500/1600's would more than likely go to the Kersarge class's (the SFB "New Light Cruiser")they seem to fit into that scheme of things.

If the Saladin was built along side the Connies, and has reggies in the 1500's it would make sense to have it have a connie saucer, and its 3rd season nacelle to show the fact they were built from the same components. While they use those components i can also do like Lord sctupp did with his, and make a bunch of different varients ranging from scouts to "torpedo ships". Question should she have an add on hanger bay, or drop down bays like on the NX?

The ptolomy we have lots of room to play with i can go total old style with that ship too.
TheStressPuppy

Postby Pierce 2: The Sequel » Mon May 02, 2005 12:04 pm

Well, the other thing to consider is that there probably aren't 100 of any single ship (excepting the Ptolemy) in the TOS era. [img]smile.gif[/img] You could put 2 or 3 classes worth of registries between 1600 and 1700... ;)

I think Schtupp's Saladin shuttlebay is the ultimate. [img]smile.gif[/img] Of course, that's already been done, and you probably want to do something different. I don't like "drop-down" bays at all; if you wanted something to put something on that didn't change the silhouette, I'd suggest something on the top of the saucer, so that there'd still be a "landing deck."

[size="1"][ 02. May 2005, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: Pierce 2: The Sequel ][/size]

Postby TheStressPuppy » Tue May 03, 2005 9:09 am

Not "pointless debate" I got a little bit more work done on her. I removed the nacelle balls at the ends, added the spikes, and did some detailing.
TheStressPuppy

Postby Pierce 2: The Sequel » Wed May 04, 2005 1:20 am

Looking damn nice there, dude...

Postby Pierce 2: The Sequel » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:05 pm

Just in case anybody still comes here, here's some updates that Stress has posted elsewhere:

PreviousNext

Return to BC, SFC, and Nexus modding