[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - ST: Age of War: The Original Series Preview

ST: Age of War: The Original Series Preview

STHW modding forum for Starfleet Command and Bridge Commander

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby hezie99 » Wed May 04, 2005 10:25 am

ta stress will give that a shot
hezie99

Postby TheStressPuppy » Thu May 05, 2005 5:57 am

Good [img]smile.gif[/img] let us know if it works out 4 ya.

On another note i decided to hold off on releasing the TOS portion of the mod till we can fix some known issues, and so i can get a few more ships in the game. The main issue right now is a lame AI that likes to sit still, and let ships pummel you no matter what orders you give, or only fight ships with your rear end facing your enemy. Its not just this mod that suffers. Nexus mod teams are looking for good coders to help resolve this issue.
TheStressPuppy

Postby hezie99 » Thu May 05, 2005 4:50 pm

some work some dont but i kinda expected that. i can program but weather i can do it good enough for a mod i dunno
hezie99

Postby TheStressPuppy » Fri May 06, 2005 6:55 am

I suppose u can try your luck out, most of the coders so far are baffled at the nexus AI. What ironic is while the MP AI is lame, the SP AI mops the floor up with ya. If anyone can duplicate the SP AI in MP then we would have something here.
TheStressPuppy

Postby hezie99 » Fri May 06, 2005 10:31 am

were abouts m8 and what language is it in
hezie99

Postby Pierce 2: The Sequel » Fri May 06, 2005 12:08 pm

The "SP AI" probably isn't AI at all, but rather scripting...
Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby TheStressPuppy » Sat May 07, 2005 10:19 am

I have no clue where the AI files are. Im a modeller not a coder. Do a search here Others are working on the problem but no ones having any luck so far.
TheStressPuppy

Postby TheStressPuppy » Tue May 31, 2005 6:02 pm

Work continues in the modelling dept. :D

Im testing the power of specular mapping in this engine after seeing "mirror darkly" I figured all connies, and TOS ships in general should have aztec paneling on them, tho it should be very faint.

heres a couple caps of the Defiant in "mirror"
another view backlit the aztecs really stand out here.

Now heres the ST:TOS Nexus connie with her new specular maps :D
Another view in game, I didnt finish the whole ship yet, just the top and bottom saucer is done so far. with all nexus's flaws she does render ships beautifully.

[size="1"][ 31. May 2005, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ][/size]
TheStressPuppy

Postby TheStressPuppy » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:31 am

Ok i screwed up the last set heres the "fixed' versions...stupid me forgot the aztecs r in a checkerboard pattern...DOH!
anyways heres update shots i also upped the specular level a little to try and match the "mirror" defiant.
TheStressPuppy

Postby maxdamage » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:51 pm

maxdamage

PreviousNext

Return to BC, SFC, and Nexus modding