Trekmods.com??

STHW modding forum for Starfleet Command and Bridge Commander

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Pierce 2: The Sequel

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:34 pm

Originally posted by Pierce 2: The Sequel:
I know your resources are somewhat limited, Max, but you might want to see if there's some way you can pick up SFC2 or SFC Orion Pirates... both are still available here in the US, and at fairly reasonable prices--I realize that none of those may apply where you are, but it's worth a look at least. The gameplay is pretty similar, but SFC2/OP is a MUCH better engine for looking at ships in, and you'll have a lot better luck finding ships to install...

That said, I will try and look up some info on how to install ships in SFC1 for ya...
Actually the ships texs are in bmp format and I found a site but it is such a long process to get it to work but to find a game like SFC2 is impossible as the shops that sell computer games that I go to don't have much of a selection.Also I can't go further as I don't have my own car and the fact that my dad doesn't want to take my to the other shopping centres that are slighty further away from where we normally shop.
Starfleet Command I, II: Mod Installation and
Starfleet Command Downloads: Editing Tools
I'm trying shipedit for SFC1 and will mention if it works or not!

maxdamage.

[ 19. April 2005, 01:33 AM: Message edited by: maxdamage ]

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:37 pm

Still can't get it to work and the spreadsheet program that I use won't save the txt file.Tries to save the txt file as a .xls file. :confused:

maxdamage.

[ 19. April 2005, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: maxdamage ]

Pierce 2: The Sequel

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:29 pm

Isn't there a ShipEdit for SFC1?

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:53 am

yes there is, check starfleetuniverse.com should be in the downloads section, if not check dynaverse, or do a google search.

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:48 pm

I got one of the ships to work The Darkly Defiant:
I have shipedit but it can screw up my ship.txt file if I'm not careful.

maxdamage.

[ 22. April 2005, 02:15 AM: Message edited by: maxdamage ]

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:50 am

Good to see u got her working. Thats Lord Schtupps connie aint it? Always liked his work [img]smile.gif[/img]

In the future its always a good idea to backup your Assets/Specs file before you edit it. Just in case u screw it up ;)

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:09 pm

Originally posted by TheStressPuppy:
Good to see u got her working. Thats Lord Schtupps connie aint it? Always liked his work [img]smile.gif[/img]

In the future its always a good idea to backup your Assets/Specs file before you edit it. Just in case u screw it up ;)
Thats it alright as I replaced the F-CA but the other ones that are suppose to be for SFC won't work and it looks like they have lightmaps even though they say they are for SFC?I tried replacing the F-BB with the Galaxy-X but SFC crashes instead!

If I want to modify the txt I have to use my old 486 laptop that has excel 2000 installed on it as I prefer using that program to modify the spec file.

maxdamage.

[ 25. April 2005, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: maxdamage ]
ImageNFS:MW NFS:U2 NFS:C Graaaagh! hellkom
"Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle-station"- Emperor Palpatine in the Star Wars movie Star Wars Episode 6:Return of the Jedi!
"I was elected to lead not read!" by Pres.Schwarzenegger in The Simpsons :The movie!

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:26 am

Or you can do what i do, and use good old fashoned "wordpad" :D

Return to “BC, SFC, and Nexus modding”