Trekmods.com??

STHW modding forum for Starfleet Command and Bridge Commander

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Pierce 2: The Sequel

korunks

Post by korunks » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:50 pm

What happened to your site? And is there any other to get the BC mods?

Pierce 2: The Sequel

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:53 pm

The BC mod (there's only one) was never on the website per se, it's available directly from http://www.trekmods.com/downloads/FTB_F ... pha0_1.rar.

As for what's happening to the website, no one seems to know at this point. Well, somebody must, but whoever that may be, they're not telling... :(

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:20 am

The website we have now is on a paid server, the problem is our subscription is up in may. I have plans on moving over to a free host. hopefully this will happen before the site goes down.

As for the "comming soon" page, add "index.php" without the quotes in the url and you will get the main page.

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:54 pm

Can't wait for the site to get back up as then I'll re-install SFC and "try" to mod it again with better results than the last time I tried to mod it.

maxdamage.

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:07 am

Again, the site is technically still up, just use this link:

http://www.trekmods.com/index.php

As for "modding" SFC, are you talking about just putting ships in, or something more involved. Somewhere around here I did a tutorial for putting ships into SFC2...

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:43 pm

Originally posted by Pierce 2: The Sequel:
As for "modding" SFC, are you talking about just putting ships in, or something more involved. Somewhere around here I did a tutorial for putting ships into SFC2...
Just adding ships to it so I can really enjoy it further.Re-installed it yesterday and managed to get it to work but it only works when patched to v1.03(SFC).Downloaded a ship the Enterprise D X version from Staryards but alas no readme file so I can't use it in SFC1. :(

maxdamage

[ 14. April 2005, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: maxdamage ]

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:33 pm

Our stuff mostly won't work in SFC1, if that's what you have... SFC2 added the illumination maps, which 1 can't handle...

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:18 am

Originally posted by Pierce 2: The Sequel:
Our stuff mostly won't work in SFC1, if that's what you have... SFC2 added the illumination maps, which 1 can't handle...
Unfortunately I only have SFC1 and I would like to try that Enterprize D X version that is compatible with SFC1 and SFC2 but no text file.Heres the link to it: GalaxyX_Class

maxdamage.

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:01 am

I know your resources are somewhat limited, Max, but you might want to see if there's some way you can pick up SFC2 or SFC Orion Pirates... both are still available here in the US, and at fairly reasonable prices--I realize that none of those may apply where you are, but it's worth a look at least. The gameplay is pretty similar, but SFC2/OP is a MUCH better engine for looking at ships in, and you'll have a lot better luck finding ships to install...

That said, I will try and look up some info on how to install ships in SFC1 for ya...

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:15 am

the sfc2 files "should" work in sfc1, you will need to convert all the textures (not the lumination maps) to .pcx format. when i get some free time ill experiment with this myself. but the .mod file format should work in all 3 games. the only difference is the textures and scaling.

Return to “BC, SFC, and Nexus modding”