setting up a nexus boarding craft

STHW modding forum for Starfleet Command and Bridge Commander

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Chevieblazer

setting up a nexus boarding craft

Post by Chevieblazer » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:46 am

hey, does anybody happen to know how i determine with which side the marine tranports dock on the target ships? is it a dock point or a weapon slot?
or doesn't iot exist at all and the shuttle just rams the capship head-on
You stop that!You scare my chicken!(Wing Commander)

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:31 pm

The marines are pretty much ai controlled all you do is launch them. whatever side they dock depends on the closest docking point to the ship. least thats how it looks to me. Just make sure you take out the enemys flak turrets before you try to board.

Chevieblazer

Post by Chevieblazer » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:02 am

no, that's not quite what i meant. i was talking about the boarding craft, not the boarded ship. since most ST shuttles dock with either top or bottom, but not the bow, i thought you might know.
it funny, nobody seems to have ever tried using a custom boarding craft, except the b5 mod, that that guy's from luisiana...

Pierce 2: The Sequel

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:06 am

Stress, just in case you didn't know, our resident SUV is trying to mod Nexus, not just play it. ;) You might actually want to check it out, you're one of the few forumgoers old enough (like me) to remember Wing Commander back in the day... :D And Mr. Blazer has actually proved to be a capable modeller and texturer, at that... :thumbs:

Chevieblazer

Post by Chevieblazer » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:45 am

"resident SUV" lmho! :D
thanks for the praise, and yes pierce i right, i was looking for some advice there, since your ST mod is more advanced than my wc one

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:16 am

Ive seen the Wing Commander mod work...Looking very nice. I also noticed the Nexus forums are down. Not that anything was happening there anyways.

Im glad your staying true to the WC1-2 style of things. IMO they were much better looking ships unlike the WC3-prophecy flying blocks (tho bug ships did look pretty good), and dont get me started on the WC movie.... :eek:

Keep up the good work chevie, lookin foward to see more ships.

Oh there is a way to dock marines...i have to check out the Docs again to refresh my memory, but its an angle point you add to the mesh in LW I belive a minimum of 2 angles are required for boarding actions. Again ill have to double check that.

Chevieblazer

Post by Chevieblazer » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:48 am

yes, that's the breaching angles, but those are added on the ship to be boarded.
the point i'm wondering about is the boarding craft itself, and how i set up which side it uses to dock with the ship i want to board

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:48 pm

Im not sure how to do that. I havnt imported any fighters, or marine craft yet. The person you may want to talk to is DarkDrone. He has done more nexus modding than all of us combined right now.

Chevieblazer

Post by Chevieblazer » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:11 am

hmm, he didn't reply to my thread of at nexus main, but i'll pm him, thanks

Return to “BC, SFC, and Nexus modding”