[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - Homeworld2: Farscape (0.05a Released)

Homeworld2: Farscape (0.05a Released)

The only MOD to bring the fantastic Farscape universe to the best ever space RTS

Moderators: Supernova, Meurig

Postby Supernova » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:54 am

I've been under a fairly heavy work load the last few weeks but, me and meurig decided to go ahead and release what we have so far. Homeworld2 mods are quite big and we decided to start uploading the mod now instead of waiting until its 120mg :)

I've gone ahead and made an installer which should install the files in the right place aswell as make a new shortcut already setup to run the game. However, just in case, when you install the mod make sure you select your Homeworld2 Root directory ie

C:\Program Files\Seirra\Homeworld2

Also, if the shortcut doesn't work, simply make a new homeworld2 shortcut and add -mod pkwars.big.

D:\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe -mod pkwars.big

Also do not try to copy and paste the above examples as they may not work, if you didn't notice the drive letters arent even the same for the above two, you may or may not have everything installed the same way I do and thus the shortcut may not work if you just copy and paste.

What is this mod?
Well its a Farscape mod, including atleast the PeaceKeepers and Scarrans (although they aren't in the mod yet) We'll work out the specifics later, ie campain etc.

Whats in it right now?
Well, right now just 3 ships. PK Prowler, Vigilante, and KL-81. But this will be constantly updated. Due to how big these mods are and how slow my connection is, I thought it was best to start uploading now instead of waiting until its 120mg :)

Where do I get it?
right here:

It doesn't work!
Post your hw2.log and I'll see if I can figure out whats wrong.

This doesn't work right.
Well its still an alpha, however if you can post whats not working - ie vivid discriptions and whether or not its reproducable, I'll see if I can fix it.

Also make sure NLIPS is OFF!, nlips causes some major graphical problems with the vigilante, plus, it just destroys the scale of things :)

Also please note, our models are quite high poly, and could easily cause perfomance loss in major battles - suggestions are to zoom completely out (as our last lods are very small) and or look away/concentrate on small areas of combat. Sorry of the inconvience but we prefer quality :)

The pretty pictures - hey what mod release is complete with out them!?

Special thanks goes to Starfleet and Eviljedi for helping me out with everything from basic import to to ai work. Special thanks goes again to Starfleet for hosting a mirror.
<a href="http://tgu.org.uk/users/farscape" target="_blank">Image</a>
Farscape has been brought back, now, make sure it keeps living. Shout season 5!
Supernova

Postby Supernova » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:17 am

Well its been brought to my attention that a.) theres a spelling error somewhere (who would've guessed!?), and b.) the shortcut doesn't work right.

To fix the shortcut you'll need to right click on the Homeworld2 PK Wars shortcut on the desktop and select properties. Then while in the shortcut tab you'll need to change the "Target:" text box to where ever your Homeworld2.exe is located, while keeping the -mod pkwars.big intact. ie:

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe -mod pkwars.big</pre>[/QUOTE]I'll look into fixing the shortcut correctly as soon as possible.
Supernova

Postby Meurig » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:53 pm

Supernova just wants to show his fancy installer off [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And no, I have no idea where the number '0.05a' came from [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Meurig

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:36 pm

I really want to try this mod. Judging from the screenies, it looks great. Sadly though, my computer has an aversion to 3d games at the moment, and thus I can't really play anything serious currently.

Rest assured though, that I have downloaded the mod, and that I will play it the moment I have my comp back up and running full strength again. :D
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Meurig » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:14 am

Thats great [img]smile.gif[/img]

You appear to be the only one, though.
Meurig

Postby deathblane » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:30 am

Hey I'm watching with interest. I just err, don't actualy have HW2...(yet anyway)
deathblane

Postby Coward » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:49 am

If it makes you feel better I played it. The only complaints I can think of right know are that the vigilante's main cannons cannot always fire because they cant aim low enouth. This is especially evident when at close range. Also the ai builds way to many vigilantes.
Coward

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:35 pm

Now that I've played it, I must say that the models look great. My only problem so far has been that the Vigilante stays at too great a range for its main beam to hit when attacking immobile targets like the enemy MS...
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Meurig » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:02 pm

Meurig

Postby Supernova » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:18 pm

Supernova

Next

Return to Farscape Mod