[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - "Low" Poly Vigilante - Finished

"Low" Poly Vigilante - Finished

The only MOD to bring the fantastic Farscape universe to the best ever space RTS

Moderators: Supernova, Meurig

Postby Supernova » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:23 am

Well, the mesh is, texturing is next.

The model weighs in at 5822 with a full set of turrets - yes you'll be able to blow off turrets [img]graemlins/eviltail.gif[/img]

The poly count is up there pretty good, but, I believe with good lodding only the most massive of battles should kill your comp ;)
<a href="http://tgu.org.uk/users/farscape" target="_blank">Image</a>
Farscape has been brought back, now, make sure it keeps living. Shout season 5!
Supernova

Postby Supernova » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:41 pm

Well i've run into a few snags while uv'ing, mainly this thing is just too big, with two many unique shapes to properly texture on one 1024x1024 sheet without a crazy amount of pixelizatioin.

So, I've decided to split all the parts off into innate subsystems, this is cool because I can make the bridge target able - and do something when you blow it up [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[edit] also seems I forgot a set of antennas off the bridge [img]graemlins/eekus.gif[/img] :eek: :rolleyes: ahh well, just have to model the things in[/edit]

[size="1"][ 13. July 2004, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: Supernova ][/size]
Supernova

Postby Supernova » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:02 pm

Heres the current split:

Each color represents a different sub-system [img]smile.gif[/img]
Supernova

Postby Supernova » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:27 pm

Added the missing set of antennas aswell as some detail to the to - lod0 polycout 6580

Its all uv'd now, so, off to textures then massive lodding!
Supernova

Postby deathblane » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:59 pm

Rock-rock on! Do you know, I might actually by a copy of HW2 for this ;)
deathblane

Postby Supernova » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:36 am

what!?!?! you don't have one already!!!! - ugh, Alright you stand right there just like that - perfect - [calls prowler squad and vigilantes to start orbital bombardment]... thats better [img]tongue.gif[/img]

*ahem* now that thats out of my system lol, hres the completed textured vigilante:

plz note the textures aren't blue and orange, thats just the lighting ;)

I have run into one significant snag, I'm not sure if subsystems can have lods - if they can't, well I'll either have to figure something out, or you'll only be able to build a few :( I don't really feel like testing tonight so tomorrow I'll start working on this problem. With any luck (why am I getting that "theres not enought luck in the world" feeling lol :S) it'll work and I'll have the first fully sub-system'd and turreted cruiser/destroyer of the farscape mod ingame lol

[size="1"][ 14. July 2004, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: Supernova ][/size]
Supernova

Postby Talyn » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:53 am

Sorry if this is a stupid question but why are you doing low poly ships???

and which models will you be using for the game the low poly ships or the V2 ones????

P.S
This is all going to make freelancer great. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Talyn

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:30 am

They're doing it like so because putting 10k+ poly ship models in HW2 isn't the best of ideas. ;)
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Meurig » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:27 pm

10k? The high poly vigilante is 380k :/
Meurig

Postby Supernova » Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:19 pm

I've figured out (based on lots and lots of prowlers + fraps) that hw2 can support up to 210k polies and run pretty smoothly, but still thats lower then the high poly vigilante, and we'd only be able to have about two prowlers ingame ;)
Supernova

Next

Return to Farscape Mod