[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - PK Marauder B version 2..... DONE!

PK Marauder B version 2..... DONE!

The only MOD to bring the fantastic Farscape universe to the best ever space RTS

Moderators: Supernova, Meurig

Postby Supernova » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:01 pm

tweaked, and bottom's done:

Supernova

Postby deathblane » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:50 pm

I don't suppose you could dig up some pictures of the first Marauder B?
deathblane

Postby Meurig » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:09 pm

Consider it dug.

Meurig

Postby Meurig » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:50 pm

Okay, we've had a bit of a setback. Some new found reference as to how the ship's engines attach to the wings has made us have to rethink this a bit. Turns out the side engines can actually swivel about as a means of improved maneuverability. And to land, they swing right forward into a REALLY weird position. Further to that, the tail seems to have a hinge in it somewhere that lets it bend down and serve as a third landing leg.

I guess I was naive to think that the farscape ship designers would design some ship without at least a dozen animations to them ;) That's definately the pattern with every other ship they've done :/

Here is a pic of it landed, it's the one just behind the people.

Meurig

Postby Supernova » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:58 pm

On the texture front, I've cleaned up some of the overpowering paint chipping as well as a few other subtle refinements.

On the landing side, after picking that shot apart, figured that each of the 3 engines are used as legs, so we'll have to add some parts here and there and cut up the tail abit so it can fold down and into another leg.

Heres a test render of how we think it lands right now, plz note its missing our folding pads off the engines (which I still need to model ;) as well as the tail doesn't fold down yet.

914kb Divx:

and heres a higher-res still of it landed:
Supernova

Postby Supernova » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:32 pm

Well, powers been out a couple hours otherwise this would have been posted already.

The wing textures, for the most part are done - I'll be adding some details here and there as well as working on the dirt. I also did the new engine effect which is all polygons, its far faster, and looks better then the hypervoxels/particle version on the our current v1 marauder.

I also decided to upload a new version of the landing animation, not a lot has been done so far, however this shows how the new engine effect, as well as textures look.
Supernova

Postby Meurig » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:40 pm

Now that I have the mesh back to make these modelling adjustments, I've done a couple of large renders of what's done so far.

Meurig

Postby Meurig » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:04 pm

Right, here's the rear landing leg WIP. As it stands, the disc bit is the hinge that lets the tail rotate down when the ships about to land. The hinge comes from inside the front half of the tail and rotates 90 degrees, which brings the leg into an upright position (fortunately the numbers fit :/)

Then the silver things that wrap around the exterior of the engines extend, and fold out to become landing pads as seen here, so that the ship doesn't actually rest on its engine nozzles I've put those in, and given them as big a surface area as possible, seemed sensible. It's going to be a bit more tricky with the side engines, though...

Meurig

Postby Supernova » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:28 am

Well, its done! Took me a week to texture the beast :wtf: but it'll be in the lwg resources section as fast as meurig can upload it [img]smile.gif[/img]

Heres how the final landing animation looks:

Supernova

Postby deathblane » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:43 pm

Hey is the file still there? I can't seem to download it :confused:
deathblane

Previous

Return to Farscape Mod