[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - Talyn v2 - FINISHED!!!

Talyn v2 - FINISHED!!!

The only MOD to bring the fantastic Farscape universe to the best ever space RTS

Moderators: Supernova, Meurig

Postby Meurig » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:33 pm

As the title suggests, I'm finishing off this almost done model I started a while back.

Here's where I sign off tonight, the light grey veins are new.

[size="1"][ 09. July 2004, 12:37 AM: Message edited by: Meurig ][/size]
Meurig

Postby Zeelich » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:28 am

God damn it Meurig47. Every time you post you put the rest of us to shame! :D

Love the model, although the viens on the rear look a little bunched up. Like there are too many too close together. Or is that the way it's supposed to be?

I havn't watched Farscape in a while, and it's been even longer since I last saw an episode with Talyn.

"You WILL respect my authority!" - Eric Cartman
Zeelich

Postby Meurig » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:07 pm

It's meant to be like that, they just look a bit dense next to the big empty space in the middle. They're dulled down a fair bit when textured anyway, so the more the merrier :D
Meurig

Postby Meurig » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:59 pm

That's the underside veined, and with that.... all the veins done I think!

Next I will draw the texture for the bottom side of the body, and then I have to model the gun. Not too long on the making left I shouldnt say, but making him Starburst will be a LOT harder given that I know nothing about the fX side of LW.

Meurig

Postby Meurig » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:36 am

Bottom texture is done! I just need to fix a bit of texture stretching on the wings, and it's done :D

Bar the retractable cannon of course, which I have yet to start ;)

Getting there though!

Meurig

Postby Zeelich » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:11 am

Ah, I see what you mean. Now that they're darker they look perfect.

Nice work.

"You WILL respect my authority!" - Eric Cartman
Zeelich

Postby Meurig » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:43 pm

Here's the first picture of Talyn's gun.

Those surfaces were meant to be reflective chromey stuff originally, but I don't like it, so that will be changing.

Meurig

Postby Meurig » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:35 am

The gun is finished, and I've corrected the texture stretching. Which means........ He is done!! :D :D I'm really happy with this one too. I will set up the gun animation and do a few scenes, and then release it :D

[size="1"][ 09. July 2004, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: Meurig ][/size]
Meurig

Postby Meurig » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:57 am

Massively pleased with the way this one came out, especially considering theyre my first proper organic textures :D

The file has different setups, one with the over-gun-flap thing in place, as shown in some of these pics, one with teh gun already out, and one where the flap retracts and the gun pops up. I should note that in the series that flap thing is never shown retracting, in fact, its never shown doing anything [img]tongue.gif[/img] In some shots talyn has it, and in others he doesn't, so I wasn't sure quite what to do. I made it retract, anyways.

I will upload this to the LWG resource section as soon as I can [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks all! Enjoy!

Meurig

Postby Supernova » Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:03 am

Well heres something I never thought I'd say ;)

Damn nice textures Meurig!
That has got to be the best modeled and textured model you have made so far - seems levithans have a way of doing that [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Supernova

Next

Return to Farscape Mod